Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Northwest Ohio Farmer  (Read 1755 times)

Offline charlescfry

• New Bee
    • Fry Farms
Northwest Ohio Farmer
« on: July 27, 2008, 08:23:02 pm »
Hello... I am on off-and-on beekeeper, currently back "on" with three hives. Plans are to expand the bee yard next year, but our farm dictates the schedule for new projects like this! We farm about 600 acres on a family farm (I am generation number 5) and we also maintain a herd of Boer meat goats.

Not sure what I might tell the group that is of interest, but I try to stay current with my electronic mail, so let me know if you have questions. My beekeeping methods are "minimalist" - I try to avoid any chemical treatments, but I am also willing to intervene if it is a prudent management decision. I have been intrigued by the small-cell debate and will try that some time in the future.

Well, I am looking forward to learning from the group, and I am happy to share any information I have that might be of some use. Hello from Ohio!
==================================
Charles Fry
Amateur Farmer & Entremanure
Fry Farms, Ohio, USA

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
Re: Northwest Ohio Farmer
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 10:08:20 am »
Welcome back!  and welcome to beemaster's!

Feel free to ask any question you may have...we'll have 13 answers ready for you  :-D

Rick
Rick

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Northwest Ohio Farmer
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 03:02:20 pm »
Charles, welcome to our forum.  This will be a place that you will enjoy spending time, meeting new friends, asking your questions and telling us your tales.  We are a friendly group, all wanting to enjoy ourselves in this piece of our world, cyberspace.  Have that most wonderful and beautiful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service