Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Newbeek in GA  (Read 2498 times)

Offline kari

• New Bee
Newbeek in GA
« on: July 22, 2012, 08:31:04 am »
Hello everyone,

I a first-year beekeeper in beautiful North Georgia. Started with a package in a standard Langstroth hive, and am now trying to regress them to small cell by integrating narrow frames without foundation. Planning to build a top-bar hive over the winter for a spring split. That is, if I manage to overwinter my first hive...nothing like jumping right in...  :) Looking forward to learning, and sharing my experiences on the forums.  Cheers, Kari

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: Newbeek in GA
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 09:04:29 am »
Welcome to the forum,Kari.  There is a lot of threads and videos here that can help.  There are videos on you tube also,just type in what ever and there is something on it.  If you have any questions just ask, someone here will usually get you an answer.  Also join a local bee club can help.  Good luck with your bees.

Joe

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 12:15:19 pm »
Welcome kari. There is lots of experience here. I you have questions please jump right in. The search feature of this forum is great as there is so much info in archive.

Good Luck,

Steve 
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 02:52:27 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Offline ScooterTrash

• House Bee
  • ScooterTrash Forever
    • Vince & Pat's Apiaries
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2012, 01:42:20 pm »
Hello Kari, glad you made it here, there is a wealth of information to be had here.
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

www.VPBEES.com