Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from South Florida! Thanks for this forum!  (Read 2667 times)

Offline Bees In Miami

• House Bee
Hello from South Florida! Thanks for this forum!
« on: July 28, 2012, 11:16:45 pm »
I guess I put the cart before the horse, and asked questions before I posted a proper intro.   :oops:  Took a bit to find my way around this format, but think I have it (kinda) now!  New to this forum, and new to bee keeping (though I have wanted to have bees since we moved out here a couple years ago!)  The bees made it happen, and I am forever grateful to them!  Two swarms in the yard made me take the big leap!  Two hives doing well thus far, and a third to arrive soon.  I love my girls (bees that is...)!!   I live in the greater Miami area, we have an acre of land (not a lot of land in many areas, but down here, it's a good sized lot!), and LOTS of various farms around!  Many Avocado, Mango, Tomato, Squash, Lychee, etc...around, the bees are never bored!  Thanks to all here...I have already learned a lot just poking around! 

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: Hello from South Florida! Thanks for this forum!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 12:29:48 am »
Welcome to the forum.  There are lots of threads and videos here. If you have any questions, just ask someone can usually answer it.  You can also see a lot of videos on you tube.  And you may want to see if there is a local bee club.  Good luck with your bees.

Joe

Offline Bees In Miami

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 02:13:15 am »
Thanks Joe, and there is indeed a local club.  I am blessed enough to be 'adopted' by a keeper that has been at it 30 years, but due to language differences, I always end up with questions.  Glad to have this forum to come to!  Thanks! 

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 03:29:41 pm »
No worries on the intro. We suggest is as a security measure,we had an on slot of spammers who did not post. The software could potentailly remove a non poster after an inactive period. But your covered now! :)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 05:21:09 pm »
Welcome to the forum, again.   :-D

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 08:13:43 am »
Welcome to the site!

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 08:34:54 am »
Welcome to the forum.