Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from Tennessee!  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Myhan_Bees

• Brood
Greetings from Tennessee!
« on: March 31, 2008, 01:23:01 pm »
We are planning on starting beekeeping as a family hobby *grins* but we all know who will really be doing the work, right? *grins*

Trying to get our bearings on everything, doing readings, research on the net, looking at websites, etc. etc.  I am so glad to have found you all!

We want to start with two hives and as we live in rural TN, we think that there will be plenty of wonderful places for bees to explore.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning so much from each of you.

Rosalie

Offline Kimbrell

• House Bee
Re: Greetings from Tennessee!
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 06:36:56 pm »
Hi Rosalie,
Welcome!  My suggestion for you is to find a beekeeping club in your town.  They will have lots of information pertinent to your area.  You may even be able to buy your bees from a local source.  Anyway local organizations can be very helpful.
This forum is also a great tool.  I don't think there is any topic concerning bees that hasn't been discussed here.  The experts here have helped me a great deal.
Where in Tennessee do you live?  I live near Crossville.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 12:45:25 am »
Rosalie, welcome to our forum.  You have indeed found THE place for great learning experiences, you will have many questions and you need to have them fully answered, so try us out, we will help you as much as we can.  Remembering, all questions are important and do deserve rightfully good answers, this is what we love to do.   We were all once beginners in this field too.  Stick around, you will find that you enjoy your stays with us.  Beautiful and wonderful day, love our lives we live.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 04:59:32 am »
Hello and Welcome!

Let me echo Kimbrell's suggestion to get involved in a local bee club:
http://www.tnbeekeepers.org/locals.htm
Although this is a great forum for learning about bees, nothing beats having a mentor and/or some nearby beeks who can help you. Plus, many clubs offer beginning beekeeping classes.

I also suggest you check out Michael Bush's website. Lots of good info:
http://www.bushfarms.com/bees.htm

Good Luck!

anything