Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Fliers  (Read 2551 times)

Offline mudlake

• House Bee
Fliers
« on: January 06, 2009, 05:52:21 pm »
Has anyone made posters for swarm removal? I am just lost for ideas. Any help please. I missed some swarms last year because no one knew I did removals. Good or bad ideas I can build off them.  Thanks  Tony 

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
Re: Fliers
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 08:54:11 pm »
first call all the county extension agent in the county where you live and all those county's around you which you will drive to to remove a swarm, then call all the pest control companies in your area and get on their bee removal list if you will remove from buildings or see if they have a list for swarm removals, then post your info and number on all the swarm removal web sites. that's what I do and can get many swarm and building removals a year. also call local police and fire departments and let them know you will take all bee swarms or removals. I wouldn't do fliers, the bee's swarm and removals happen to far apart and it is a extra cost. oh and almost forgot call the companies that do tree removals in your area, you might have to cut a log in half but you get the bee's  ;)
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline mudlake

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 07:06:10 am »
Great ideas thank you  Tony

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 08:49:25 am »
Dittos to what Ted recommended.

I had postcards made up and sent them to local pest removal folks and real estate agents. Honeybees are a hassle to pest control places that just want to spray and get paid. There are also ones that want to do the right thing too. And Yes , real estate agents.   Believe it or not,  I get a good portion of my removals from people that are selling houses and need the bees out now.   I also post them on bulletin boards around town.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline mudlake

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 10:49:28 am »
I had made a list but I did not of real estate agents Thanks  Tony

anything