Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from North Central Texas  (Read 1731 times)

Offline madscientist

• New Bee
Hello from North Central Texas
« on: June 10, 2008, 12:29:45 am »
Not angry, just a little crazy.
Into a lot of different things but beekeeping may be the only one that pays for itself.
First year beekeeping.  Starting with five hives.
Share a cubicle wall with a veteran beekeeper who told me to rotate comb to outside as it was drawn.  He neglected to tell me not to do that if there were eggs, so I chilled a bunch of brood.
Figured I better look for a place to sound out his advice and found this place.
Have already learned a lot reading the posts.

Offline Kimbrell

• House Bee
Re: Hello from North Central Texas
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 12:45:03 am »

Figured I better look for a place to sound out his advice and found this place.
Have already learned a lot reading the posts.
[/quote]
Welcome! You've come to the right place! :)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Hello from North Central Texas
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 10:40:31 am »
MadScientist, welcome to our forum (interesting handle by the way, you must be in the science field, hee, hee).  This is THE place that you will get great advice, you will learn, if you only listen, and I know that you will do that very thing.  Beekeeping is such a wonderful interest, you will become under that spell of the honeybee, just wait and see.

That is too bad about the chilled brood, we learn lessons in life so many times the hard way, I know for surely that I do.  That is something that you won't repeat, you learned a hard lesson.

THis is the place where you can ask your questions, any questions, they will get great answers, you can tell your experiences and tales, we love to listen, life experiences are wonderful, you will find out how many love to read here.  Welcome, again, have that most beautiful and wonderful day, love our lives we all live and share, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service