Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: GONE BEE'S  (Read 2541 times)

Offline beecowboy

• New Bee
GONE BEE'S
« on: July 04, 2005, 11:58:50 am »
Hi again everybody,  I posted a question about "SHB" thanks for the reply's I have another one , Will "SHB"s couse a swarm to leave the hive? It was a wild swarm that I had caught out of an old barn, after I found I had "SHB" they left just wondering if shb coused it.    thanks everybody for all the help and advice you are giving me! :oops:

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
GONE BEE'S
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2005, 12:13:52 pm »
How long did you have the bees after capture?

I have heard of captured swams leaving a day or two after being placed in a hive. I had one gone with in a couple of hours after collecting it. The best way to keep a swarm from leaving is to furnish them with brood. Then there is always the queen excluder on the bottom board preventing her from leaving.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
GONE BEE'S
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2005, 01:06:00 pm »
>Will "SHB"s couse a swarm to leave the hive?

From all reports, they will cause an established hive to abscond too.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline beecowboy

• New Bee
Gone Bee's
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 01:41:48 pm »
In reply to how long I had the wild swarm,  about 6 weeks they were doing fine I thought.  But when they left they left pollen honey and a small amount of brood I'll say about 50+or- grubs.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
GONE BEE'S
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2005, 02:06:48 pm »
I would then say something ran them off. How badly infested was the hive with SHB?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

anything