Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The White Deer Of Wisconsin  (Read 9803 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Re: The White Deer Of Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 09:19:37 pm »
Man those look tasty! I suppose you'd have to serve 'em up with grits so the colors don't clash.

That white buck with in white velvet looked AWESOME!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 09:37:14 pm »
you gave another cool video and pictures last time we discussed this here -> http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,22584.0.html
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 10:26:18 pm »
oops, sorry Rob!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 11:18:40 pm »
Memory loss or just old age?

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 11:20:58 pm »
It takes a lot of energy to grow a beard...energy that would normally travel further north :-D

Sorry JP, couldn't resist.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 11:30:51 pm »
Memory loss or just old age?

Could be a little of both!  :idunno:  :-D

...JP

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 12:01:21 am »
OH they are so beautiful!! Love seeing that one with the large antlers. I have many deer that live on my property for years. They know my husband and I will not harm them and they hang around very close to us. I wish I had one of those white ones out here. The color would look so nice against the darker ones. Oh there I go again, decorating the wild life.  :-D

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 09:36:17 am »
oops, sorry Rob!

...JP

No need to apologize, that original post has long slipped out of sight for most.  I just thought they might also enjoy the other video/pictures you posted.  I like that black and white one.  I wonder if it tasted like beef :shock:
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline VolunteerK9

• Super Bee
  • Gamecock fan in UT land.
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2010, 09:45:07 am »
It takes a lot of energy to grow a beard...energy that would normally travel further north :-D

Sorry JP, couldn't resist.

Scott

Damage inflicted from shake induced brain freeze me thinks

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2010, 12:26:44 pm »
Alright Rob, seems like this thread is going forward. How about a little discussion then?

To all you hunters out there if it were legal would you take one of the solid white deer?

...JP

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2010, 12:35:49 pm »
I personally wouldn't. I'd probably be dumbstruck with awe just seeing one.

Heck, I don't shoot at most of the regular ol' brown ones I see.

Scott

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2010, 01:53:04 pm »
If they were legal -probably, only because they likely wouldn't make them legal unless the population could allow for it.
The white velvet was really cool
be happy and make others happy.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2010, 08:22:16 pm »
If they were legal to take, if you don't take one, your neighbor probably will, is the reason why many would take one. I would have a hard time taking one, don't believe I would, but if I did, I would do a full body mount.

...JP

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 11:11:22 pm »
We had a little piebald doe that hung around the south field every afternoon over at the hunt lease one year.   She disappeared after rifle season started.

Offline gunner7888

• New Bee
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 08:55:02 pm »
  the Pa. game commission has always seen the albino as an inferior deer, and have asked hunters to take them. Not sure what I would do given the chance, Have only seen one in my life, and not while hunting. These deer seem extremely healthy.

Offline Sparky

• Field Bee
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 09:42:56 pm »
  the Pa. game commission has always seen the albino as an inferior deer, and have asked hunters to take them. Not sure what I would do given the chance, Have only seen one in my life, and not while hunting. These deer seem extremely healthy.
I think that is the consensus of most of the wildlife professionals but they are so cool to be able to look at that we will not shoot them. Here is a pic of one that has been around here for two years now.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2010, 09:51:42 pm »
quote author=JP link=topic=30686.msg246041#msg246041 date=1291596678]
What,  not content with starting the longest thread with the word association post?

I didn't even recall starting that thread Rob.

...JP

JP
You getting OLD TIMESRRS  :shock:

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)

Maybe a little Jim, why you a doctor?  :-D

...JP
[/quote]

oops, sorry Rob!

...JP

Old times setting in  :evil: How how old are you   :?

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 10:09:12 pm by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2010, 12:05:46 pm »
Man folks, Jim is relentless! Gotta definitely watch out for him!  :-D

...JP

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 02:30:32 pm »
I seen a 8 point buck that was white or should I say gray could not bring myself to shoot it. If it made it this far in life he should live the rest of his life in peace. He had a funny rack it was short and fat it didn't grow up just out.
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.