Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Caprica  (Read 15812 times)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Caprica
« on: April 19, 2010, 05:26:50 pm »
Where did Caprica go on Scifi?  I need it to find out how BSG got it's start.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Caprica
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2010, 05:55:46 pm »
it must have a split season. if not, it was a pretty short season!  the last one was on a couple of weeks ago.  good thing is that we got Merlin back and Eureka is coming back on this summer.  i have also been watching Legend of The Seeker.  once i got over it not being like the books, i have enjoyed it.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Bee Happy

• Super Bee
  • that's me - setting a phoenix free
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 06:00:00 pm »
Hulu has lots of reruns of those shows, sometimes playing them within a week or two of original airing.
Another one I've enjoyed was "the Dresden files" a wizard/detective who works as a police consultant on freaky weird cases, also on hulu.
I havent seen merlin but it looks interesting as well.
be happy and make others happy.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 07:15:30 pm »
Friday nights are just not the same.  My wife is going to make me to start to take her out again with out my excuse on.  At least I still have Lost on.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 11:50:18 pm »
Well Frak.    IMDB says we will have to wait for the second half of season 1.   Comes back on 17 September 2010.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 06:10:37 pm »
Looks like you can see all the episodes here

http://www.syfy.com/caprica/episodes.php?seasonid=1&episodeid=109
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline MrJeff

• New Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 06:40:24 pm »
Caprica is great. Haven't been able to tune in the last few weeks, but it looks like I didn't miss anything if it is on hiatus. Caprica is a decent followup to BSG, but no substitute. That was one of the greatest shows ever. Hard to believe such a great show was a remake of such a bad show.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 08:49:35 pm »
So in your opinion, what makes the original such a bad show?

Offline MrJeff

• New Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2010, 12:50:39 am »
Don't get me wrong, I love old movies and tv shows. But the original BSG was just boring in my opinion. Ahead of its time, for sure, but just never held my interest...well, Jane Seymore was definitely easy on the eyes back then. The new version took all the potential of the original and improved on it exponentially. That doesn't happen very often.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 09:41:57 pm »
Tuesday at 10 PM.  Second half of season 1.   I don't know if I can stay up that late.

Offline beee farmer

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 01:01:01 am »
One word Allen.... Tivo.... I wouldn't catch any of the shows I like without it... also SGU Star Gate Universe second season is comming up! :piano:
"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do"  Benjamin Franklin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 01:22:25 am »
yup.  no DVR no TV past 9.  i'm in bed by then most nights.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 10:45:39 am »
You are an adult now.... You can stay up late.  :-D
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 11:01:12 am »
the spirit is willing, but the body gives up  ;)

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 01:32:49 pm »
I wish I could sleep.

I go to bed with the wife at ten o:clock and watch the tube (volume down) until she goes to sleep. Then I get up and do things till about 12:30. Then to bed and toss around for a bit and finally fade out at some point. Notice I didn't say sleep. I can never tell if I am asleep or just thinking with my eyes closed. The brain never shuts up. Then I usually get up around 4:30am and stay awake till the wife gets up. Then go back to bed for another couple hours of either tossing about or a bit of sleep.

My wife.... Hits the pillow and is out ZZZZzzzzzzz

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 03:11:28 pm »
TV is the worst thing you can do in the bedroom.  try reading for a bit.

one thing you learn in the military is to sleep when you can.  a good nights sleep can't be beat, but power naps work when you don't get one.  i am blessed to be able to sleep anywhere, anytime, and for any amount of time.
i think i get more brain work done sleeping than awake  :roll:

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 03:17:26 pm »
I've heard that before, but it isn't the TV that keeps me awake.

I use to read a lot when I was driving Trucks. Didn't have the TV to watch when I couldn't sleep.  :-D

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 04:49:39 pm »
I have a 4 year old who is part rooster.  He has gotten up at the same time for years now.   Anywhere from 5:45 to 6:05 AM every stinking morning.  No matter what time he shuts down at night (normally 8 to 8:30).  He can be very grumpy during the day without his sleep.  And you don't want him fixing his own breakfast on his own.  That is how we lost all the butter on morning (another story).  So I can never watch the late shows.   And I have no dvr or vcr. 

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2010, 10:19:42 am »
So the past few weeks I have wondered where Caprica went.

It got canceled :shock:

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2010, 11:02:15 am »
well that sucks.  see, that's what i mean about them needing a better way to keep track of who watches shows.  i DVRed it because it's on at an odd time.  don't think i ever watched it live.