Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Thank you  (Read 1852 times)

Offline TheMasonicHive

• House Bee
Thank you
« on: May 22, 2010, 11:22:31 pm »
Hello everyone,

I've been on the forum for the past year, sopping up every bit of information I can and learning a ton.  But the more I come on here the more you see the same questions asked and the same answers returned.

I'm a new beek myself, this is my first year, and I would say it seems the majority of the posts in the Main forum are from people like myself.

I've been in a few other hobbies and their forums are littered with people who will jump down a newbies throat for asking a question that has been answered a hundred times.

Not here!  So with that in mind I'd really like to thank BeeMaster for putting this forum together.

Along with him, I want to say thank you to JP, Michael Bush, Kathy, Bjorn, iddee, Jim, Buzzbee, Finski, and many others for tolerating people like us who want to learn from you.  You've all been awesome, and beekeeping is a much more enjoyable hobby and lifestyle with people like you helping us!

Thank you big time!
Christopher Peace
Oakland County, MI

"It teaches us that, as we come into the world rational and intelligent beings, so we should ever be industrious ones; never sitting down contented while our fellow-creatures around us are in want, when it is in our power to relieve them without inconvenience to ourselves." - Freemasonry on the Beehive

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: Thank you
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 12:29:27 pm »
Life's too short not to share. We have a good family here. Now I call it a family because I have met a good bit of folks at our gatherings and such and everyone is pleasant and a joy to be around.

The bossman John Clayton started a fantastic thing when he started up this site. I implore everyone to make a gathering if you get the chance, you won't be disappointed and you will make friends for life!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 12:46:48 pm »
I am still a student of the honey bee.We were all beginners at one time or another. I am not as knowledgeable as many here ,but I always have felt welcome here and gifted to be among those who are willing to share their experiences as we go.
  I have to agree with JP,if a meeting among members can be arranged,take the opportunity.My experience of going to Buds and a previous meeting with John(Beemaster),Tracy(Ladybee) Chris(CWBEES)and Dallas (PDMAttox) were nothing less than fantastic.

Offline sarafina

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 01:22:08 pm »
I second that!

I never would have made it my first year if not for this forum - thank-you guys !!!

And I agree that I have not seen any snarky "use the search function first" posts even though the question has been answered before.  Every situation is slightly different and I learn something new every time the "same" question is asked.  Plus it is nice to get a personal answer to your questions.   :)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 01:29:27 pm »
the more i learn the more i find i don't know.  i read the books and took the classes, but it was this site that walked me through specific problems and gave me options that i would never have thought of on my own.  when answer a question it's because someone else has already helped me through the same situation....or because i managed to screw things up and learn the hard way  :evil:
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2010, 01:39:50 pm »
The more i learn the more i find i don't know.

LOL

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Online iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2010, 02:27:39 pm »
Just keep one thing in mind. No matter how much you read, learn, or think, the next time out, the bees will do differently. That's why you can get 10 answers to 1 question, or the same answer to 10 questions.

The thing that makes beekeeping so interesting is so few reruns. There's always a new show.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

anything