Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Good source for #8 hardware cloth  (Read 4126 times)

Offline DavePaulson

• New Bee
Good source for #8 hardware cloth
« on: August 13, 2007, 08:13:02 pm »
I don't have one I'm looking for one.

THanks,

Dave

Offline genesbees

• New Bee
Re: Good source for #8 hardware cloth
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 08:19:53 pm »
I have found that the local mom & pop hardware/lumber stores are my best source.  Home Depot and Lowes are worthless for hardware cloth selection.  Even Tractor Supply does not stock much selection.
"The UNKNOWN, huh?  That would be SNORBERT ZANGOX over in Waycross."

Offline FordGuy

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 09:54:41 pm »
I had this same question few days ago....ace hardware in my region doesn't carry it anmore but will order it for you.  you have to buy the whole role.

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 10:35:18 pm »
You can always order from Brushy Mountain by the foot 36" wide for $1.85 per foot.

http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com/products.asp?pcode=539
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline afretired

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 11:35:28 pm »
Last week I ran into the same problem. First went to Lowes, what a waste, they didn't have any at all.  Then went to TSC, the smallest they had was 1/2 in, (#2). Next stop, Square Deal Lumber, again the smallest they had was #2.  Then to a local hardware store, all I needed - 24in wide, $1.29 per running ft.

Dave

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 03:21:06 am »
    They (local hardware store) don't always call it #8 or even hardware cloth.  Some call it fine rabbit screen or fine screen.  Just make sure you verify that it's 1/8" screen.  I get all I need from local vendors, no big stores anymore for me.
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

anything