Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: got a swarm today  (Read 2340 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
got a swarm today
« on: May 06, 2008, 10:59:46 pm »
just finished lunch  with The Girls, also referred to by my youngest son as The 700 Club.  no, not a religious gathering, but that is what he figures would be the total of our combined ages.  (clever boy, he's out of the will!) walked in the door and the phone rang.  guy had a swarm in a tree and they had to go NOW.  threw the requisite crap in the truck and took off.  nice swarm about 12 feet off the ground, but in the middle of a cedar that was surrounded by shrubby trees.  couldn't reach it with a ladder.  couldn't cut it with my pole pruner.  finally managed to knock it down and must have knocked the queen down too.  they reformed in one of the shrubs and i got 'em. 

no pictures.  sorry.  left in a hurry....but one swarm is much like another  :-).  right?

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
Re: got a swarm today
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 11:50:51 pm »
Great work! Hope our first one shows up soon. :)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Re: got a swarm today
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2008, 12:35:46 am »
I will let you slide this time but next time you don't have pics, I will read your post with my eyes closed. :-D

I'd rather be lucky than good any day. Nice knock down. And lastly, add the camera to the list of requisite crap. ;)

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com