Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: 83 year old woman stung 400 times  (Read 2311 times)

Offline newbee101

• House Bee
    • http://www.acmepainting.com
"To bee or not to bee"

Offline Apis629

• Field Bee
    • A Hobbyist's Beekeeping Adventures
83 year old woman stung 400 times
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2005, 08:22:35 pm »
That story tells nothing of importance.  They don't mention what she was doing, how she agrivated the bees or even where it happened.  My only fear is that this story will make people be even more cautious of beekeepers.

Offline thegolfpsycho

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2005, 08:57:08 pm »
Well.. just judgeing from the AP headline,  I would guess it was Tucson (because it says Tucson in large emboldened letters)  While I don't agree that every colony in the state is africanized or a hybrid,  I believe the odds are going up daily of having contact with them.   400 stings and then going after someone else would be a pretty aggressive bunch of bees.

Your right about the information.  Not many details.

Offline jefftck

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2005, 09:26:00 pm »
Quote from: Apis629
My only fear is that this story will make people be even more cautious of beekeepers.

Don't you mean cautious of Bee’s? Not there keepers; I have never stung anyone so why would someone be cautious of me?   LOL :lol:

Offline Apis629

• Field Bee
    • A Hobbyist's Beekeeping Adventures
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2005, 10:40:44 pm »
No, beekeepers.  It seems like everyone around here bears the steriotype that beekeepers are harboring vicious insects.  Oh and, I appearently didn't see the large bold letters.  So, ignore what I said...