Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: post for dane bramage  (Read 1604 times)

Offline irekkin

• House Bee
post for dane bramage
« on: May 05, 2009, 11:25:57 pm »
i really liked your pictures in the previous post. i was wondering if and when you had the time you could take a few more of the hives (some close-ups). i was particularly interested in the tops. if you know of a set of plans or a pdf file some where on the net that would be cool too. tia
when you're dumb, ya gotta be tough.

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
Re: post for dane bramage
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 01:14:32 am »
i really liked your pictures in the previous post. i was wondering if and when you had the time you could take a few more of the hives (some close-ups). i was particularly interested in the tops. if you know of a set of plans or a pdf file some where on the net that would be cool too. tia

Hi irekkin.  Thanks.  I almost missed your message here - then did a double-take ~ "what's my nom de'net doing in a subject title?"  lol!

I'm guessing you're speaking about the ventilated inner covers (& not the lids, which, beside being made of cedar, are ordinary).  I actually don't have any plans for the inner covers myself but did provide a link to the company (Honey Run Apiaries) in the other message.  They have  "download plans" listed on their site (though I didn't find the link active last time I checked).   There is also some better photos there.. but let me know if you want me to take some more. I had a local bee supplier here make them up for me & they've since added them to their catalog as well.  I think it's a good design, especially for here (wet Pacific NW!).

ETA  ~> here's the link:
Actually the idea/design for them came from this site where they are called an all season inner cover.
Cheers,
Dane

Offline eri

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 07:46:31 am »
Took me a while to find the link to the plans, here it is:

http://www.honeyrunapiaries.com/beekeeping_plans.phtml
On Pleasure
Kahlil Gibran
And to both, bee and flower, the giving and the receiving of pleasure is a need and an ecstasy.
People of Orphalese, be in your pleasures like the flowers and the bees.

Offline Dane Bramage

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 11:16:32 am »
Took me a while to find the link to the plans, here it is:

http://www.honeyrunapiaries.com/beekeeping_plans.phtml

There they are!  & this (pdf) is the one.  Thanks eri!