Welcome, Guest

Poll

I am new to bee keeping and am from Wa. State when is too late to get them as a nuc. ?

too late?
0 (0%)
NOT too late?
3 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Too late or NOT too late????  (Read 1802 times)

Offline J.Wybenga

• Brood
Too late or NOT too late????
« on: April 15, 2014, 03:04:34 pm »
Hello, I've never been on a site like this but love the interactive way it could work. Does anyone know, I keep getting mixed info. here, if it's too late to get a nuc. of bees? thank you

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Too late or NOT too late????
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 03:14:11 pm »
It's too late the day after the last one is sold. As long as you can find one for sale, it's early enough. Some keeps are overwintering nucs these days. April 1 through May 15 is the ideal time.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 03:28:04 pm »
It depends entirely on what your goals are and how much you have studied up on beekeeping.  If you have time to do the reading and you can find a good quality nuc and if you have the equipment ready or can get it ready,   it is not too late.

Offline mikecva

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 03:30:17 pm »
Here in northern VA the nucs are harvested between May 1 and May 20th for per-order distribution. We make nucs until early fall for overwintering and emergency replacements. So with that said, it is not to late for nucs.  -Mike
Listen to others but make your own decisions. That way you own the results.
Please remember to read labels.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 05:54:27 pm »
Ditto on all of the above.  And welcome to the forum. 

Offline JanO

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2014, 01:32:11 pm »
Hello, I've never been on a site like this but love the interactive way it could work. Does anyone know, I keep getting mixed info. here, if it's too late to get a nuc. of bees? thank you
Welcome to Beemaster!  A lot of us here in W. WA are just now getting our packages and nucs.  I'd check out the local bee club in Mason, Thurston, or Grays Harbor.  Also check out Pierce Co.  We are getting ours here in Lewis Co. next week.  Beeline down in Rochester may have some too, but I'm not sure.   

anything