Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: So Glad to be back.. Hello my Bee Friends..  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
So Glad to be back.. Hello my Bee Friends..
« on: January 24, 2013, 07:05:02 pm »
Wow, where do I start..
Some may remember in my last post that I a job opportunity and well, it kinda took off and went crazy. Needless to say I had to travel quite extensively for about two years and was not able to really spend my time at home let alone do anything else. Crazy schedule, crazy family life etc. Things just started to settle down a bit and I am getting bees again for the first time in about 3 yrs. We had a few hives here and there but did not really get a chance to take care of them. My sweet wife did what she could to care for all my hobbies, my bees, my chickens, my kids and all the while going back to school and me on the road.
We ended up in NJ of all places. I have to be somewhat close to Manhattan with my job and Central NJ ended up being the perfect place. We are in a farming community called Whitehouse and we are loving it. Mostly I am loving not having to travel as much and being able to come home each night to my family is a blessing that I will not ever take for granted again. I brought most of my hardware and such with me and we are going to get a few nucs and a few packages this spring. We will be a complete family this spring when we finally get our bees!!
I am so looking forward to getting back into my routine, 14-16 hrs a day for the last 2 yrs was crazy but worth it..
Very much looking forward to getting back intouch with so many of you that I considered friends.
I just logged on last night for the first time in a very long time and so glad to see many familiar names..
God Bless !!
Frantz
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: So Glad to be back.. Hello my Bee Friends..
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2013, 07:49:11 pm »
Welcome back.   

Offline Vance G

• Queen Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 08:06:08 pm »
Glad you slowed down.  Tend your garden lad and raise those children and hug your wife and the rest will take care of itself.

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2013, 08:26:59 pm »
Welcome back to the forum and beek.  I also would have to agree with Vance.

Joe

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 09:36:50 pm »
bet you found out that in 3 years it's the same people having the same conversations  :-D

welcome back...
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 11:20:22 pm »
Hey welcome back man! If my memory serves me right you were the guy doing those workshops right?

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Frantz

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2013, 06:12:45 pm »
Thanks All! yes, Kathy, the more things change, the more they stay the same.. hehehehe. Glad to see it really.
So glad to see Cindi's post in BrianP's thread. I hope that he is ok as well.
Yea, I was doing workshops for NBC there for a while in Utah, but that was a while ago and work has since gotten in the way. I did manage to get a segment on Bees there though before we left. It was a lot of fun.
So looking forward to things settling down and getting our Bees and Chickens back on track this spring...
Don't be yourself, "Be the man you would want your daughters to marry!!"

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 12:27:33 am »
Hi Frantz

I remember you very well. Glad to hear things are going well for you. I have gone through many changes in my life as well and do not have much time to post here, but I lurk a bit to stay in touch.

Welcome back

Annette