Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cut-Out Queen Was Marked!---June 11, 2009  (Read 11605 times)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Cut-Out Queen Was Marked!---June 11, 2009
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2009, 01:11:29 pm »
Annette, hee, hee.  Now do you think that that lil' bratty thing, running by the name of JP, is gonna actually admit to his bratiness, hee, hee.  He is in denial, not a single doubt about that, smiling.  We need to think of a little rhyme for this dude, to proclaim to the world this little brat boy side of him, smiling.  My friends, my lovely forum friends.  Have that most awesomely wonderful and beautiful day, love life and groove on it, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 08:31:36 pm »
Here comes JP bratty as can be
He tried to catch a swarm, but he had to take a ____

He loves to torture Cindi and her ducks and rocks and such
He even tried to fool Annette, but it didn't upset her much

One day someone is going to pull a trick on him
You don't mess with the sisters on the forum

We love him, but he needs to learn
One day it will be his turn!!!

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 09:02:32 pm »
Oh Annette, Super Bee!!!  That was just plain and simply ding dang cool!!!  Wait until JP reads that, wonder what his comment will be, smiling.  (ever thought of taking up to be a poet, my fine girlfriend?).  Beautiful days in our great life, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 09:08:08 pm »
Oh Annette, Super Bee!!!  That was just plain and simply ding dang cool!!!  Wait until JP reads that, wonder what his comment will be, smiling.  (ever thought of taking up to be a poet, my fine girlfriend?).  Beautiful days in our great life, health.  Cindi

Cindi, Cindi, rock woman
What exactly will we do to him?

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 11:55:42 pm »
Ratta tat tat, watch out for this brat! :-D :shock: :evil:  :-*

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Boom Buzz

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 02:42:19 am »
JP - nice job on the cut out - even if you were lying down on the job!  :-D

And thanks for sharing your different bee escapades...they are very educational for us new beeks!

You said these bees were fun to work with.  I've only done one cut out and it was bee chaos.  My buddy had probably 100 stingers per glove when it was all done.  He was cutting out the comb, I was cutting the comb to size and placing in frames.  The bees were annoyed to say the least.  We smoked the bees regularly during the cutout, but it didn't seem to help that much.  What do you do to keep the bees calm during the cutout?  Smoke?  Sugar water spray?  Sweet talkin?  Just trying to understand what I can do to make it easier on the bees and myself!  Thanks in advance for comments!

John

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2009, 11:21:47 am »
Annette, oh cool!!  Watch out, JP is winding up, smiling.  Have that most awesome day, to love and live, health.  Cindi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2009, 12:11:32 pm »
John, a lot of it depends on the colonies overall disposition imo. I smoke before I access the void space, once the void space is accessed they usually settle down.

I try not to cut or smoosh bees either, take my time and yes, I sweet talk them and even sing to them. Hey whatever works right? ;)

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2009, 01:22:31 pm »
Thats what I have found. Bees seem to be a little testy when breaking into the house but after you are into them they tend to settle down.

I kind of like to whistle or hum while I work, don't think the gals would enjoy my singing, might get them a little riled up.

G3
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2009, 02:36:25 pm »
Oh no!!!  Imagine JP singin' to his bees, they should be running for their life  :roll: 8-) :lol: :lol:  Have that wonderful and most beautifully awesome day, health.  Cindi

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2009, 03:41:31 pm »
Yes I sing to them Cindi, here's a tune:

"Oh the rock lady, the rock lady, she piles up them rocks, and noone knows why she piles up those rocks? She's got her own little zoo, with chickens and ducks, yes ducks! but then there came Whoppo and she had some bad luck, he was the best duck, the world had ever seen, but Cindi, oh Cindi said he was too mean, so she gave him away and put him to stud and now her life is like a stick in the mud."

"Oh Cindi, oh Cindi...

...JP :devilbanana: :devilbanana: :devilbanana: :-*

Offline Cheryl

• House Bee
  • top bar beekeeper
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2009, 06:19:05 pm »
I'd be in trouble with my bees if I tried to sing or especially whistle!! Even if I accidentally exhale too close to them they get pretty riled. Maybe I should brush my teeth with lemongrass or something... :roll:
We are what we repeatedly do.
Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.

~ Aristotle

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2009, 06:58:17 pm »
Maybe I should brush my teeth with lemongrass or something... :roll:

:lau: :lau: :lau:
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2009, 11:33:23 am »
Yes I sing to them Cindi, here's a tune:

"Oh the rock lady, the rock lady, she piles up them rocks, and noone knows why she piles up those rocks? She's got her own little zoo, with chickens and ducks, yes ducks! but then there came Whoppo and she had some bad luck, he was the best duck, the world had ever seen, but Cindi, oh Cindi said he was too mean, so she gave him away and put him to stud and now her life is like a stick in the mud."

"Oh Cindi, oh Cindi...
...JP :devilbanana: :devilbanana: :devilbanana: :-*

Ha, brat!!! Dare ya to sing it on u-tube, smiling.  Have the beautiful day, to love and live, share, health.  Cindi

Oh Cheryl, I don't recommend brushing your teeth with lemongrass oil, smiling, that would be a very alluring thing for the bees, imagine hundreds of bees tryin' to get into your mouth, eeks!!!!!  C.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2009, 11:40:42 am »
I'm not that high tech yet with the you tube thing Cindi, but watch out when I do get there, Oh, the rock lady, the rock lady...

...JP

Offline Irwin

• Super Bee
  • howdy all
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2009, 12:25:21 pm »
If you got a web cam your in there Jp I can see it now Jp the singing poet who owes it all to the rock lady :-D
Fight organized crime!  Re-elect no one.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2009, 12:47:45 pm »
Hey guys,  :) :) :)  C.