Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Greetings from Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada  (Read 1991 times)

Offline ooptec

• House Bee
    • Beginners foray into TBH's in Canada
Greetings from Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada
« on: July 08, 2007, 01:54:43 pm »

Hello from the North country. I am a first time beekeeper that after becoming curious as a youth working for a farmer who had bees, and even though I never really had anything to do with them, I was intrigued. Fast forward 30 odd years and my interest was re-kindled in a round about way. My Dad (R.I.P) started making home made whine kits....badly I decided to try. It worked very well and that led me to making beer. Also a success and not one to stop there was interested in such as honey-lager and of course mead. That is until looked at the prices for honey in the store and with my usual limitless curiosity and do-it-yourself-ness character, along with the past limited exposure to bees wondered .... 'how do you get bees?'. The rest is history. I researched on-line and particularly liked the idea of (T)op (B)ar (H)ives for their lack of support equipment as well as ease of construction. So after looking at this and that on the www decided to design and build my own, hopefully suiting my particular climate. the rest is history. To me beekeeping is even more exciting and rewarding than I dared hope. What a thrill.  Cheers  peter

Here is my bee website -> http://ooptecTBH.googlepages.com/
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007, 05:28:47 pm by Robo »

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
Re: Greetings from Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 08:30:55 pm »
Your website is a very nice look at a top bar hive .Thanks for the link and sharing your site with us!