Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Two frames of brood  (Read 1592 times)

Offline tom

• House Bee
Two frames of brood
« on: July 01, 2006, 04:51:54 pm »
Hey guy's

First let me say happy fourth and be safe i checked my top brood yesterday and the queen was not up top but there is two frames of brood. I think she might have went back to the bottom chamber they are drawing out the rst of the frames and is filling it with honey will bees take honey from the bottom and store it in the top so the queen can have more room to lay. I see they come in with alot of pollen in the morning and then the rest of the day they seem to be working nector because they can't hardly make it back to the hive without falling to the ground and no pollen was found up top.

Tom

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Two frames of brood
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2006, 04:49:03 am »
Your hive sounds pretty normal.  It is likely the queen will take another excursion into the upper box to lay more eggs.  Until then she will remain in the lower box which will be her main hangout until another super is added and then it is possible that the upper broodbox could become her fravorite hangout.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!