Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: need a queen in sebring florida  (Read 1395 times)

Offline chad

• New Bee
need a queen in sebring florida
« on: April 29, 2009, 07:19:34 pm »
Hi,I removed a hive from under a house about two weeks ago.Everything was going great,but most of them swarmed sunday.I still have a few bees but no queen.Is there anybody in the area wth queens?Thanks -Chad

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
Re: need a queen in sebring florida
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 01:04:10 am »
Hi,I removed a hive from under a house about two weeks ago.Everything was going great,but most of them swarmed sunday.I still have a few bees but no queen.Is there anybody in the area wth queens?Thanks -Chad

If you do a search of the site you'll find that there are several threads on here with the same line of questioning. 
Cut-outs don't always take to a legal bee hive.  The more brood that can be  tied or rubber banded into the frames increases the odds. Using a queen excluder as an includer increases the odds.  But often a cut out will swarm leaving a little brood and newly hatched nurse bees to look after them. 
Either combine them with another hive using the newspaper method or install a frame of brood from another hive so they can grow a queen.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

anything