Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Meet Tim Schuler, New Jersey bee inspector  (Read 2043 times)

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
Meet Tim Schuler, New Jersey bee inspector
« on: December 04, 2007, 10:29:18 am »
http://www.courierpostonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071203/NEWS01/712030346/1006

Nice piece about the guy who comes to look at your hives.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
Re: Meet Tim Schuler, New Jersey bee inspector
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 10:52:59 am »
Ha, the coolest thing that I saw here was how he was looking into the colony with absolutely no protection.  I take my hat off to this guy.    That is what I want to be able to accomplish this year, nothing, not even a veil.  But I think I will put cotton batton in my ears, after having a bee go in my ear last year, that is my vulnerable spot!!!  Beautiful day, beautiful life.  Love life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 04:57:55 pm »
Tim is a great person. He has been president of NJBA, as well as the South Jersey Branch for many years. A few of the forum mebers have had a chance to meet him at my house recently too. He is not big brother, but an emissary for beekeeping. Whether you have one hive, or thousands. I missed the article, so thanx understudy. I have never seen tim wear any gear. I rarely do, but I always smok'em.  He will be a huge asset to NJ beeks for sure. I can honestly say that if someone else was running the bee club, I probably would have wlaked away after one year. Now I am involved more than I ever thought I would . I thought I would poke my head in, learn, and move on.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 05:23:00 pm »
I wish we had someone like that over here in California. Someone who could come on over and check the hive to see if everything is OK.  Without my bee forum members here, I would be totally lost.

Annette

anything