Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mary's bees  (Read 3214 times)

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
Mary's bees
« on: May 20, 2012, 06:03:02 pm »
I looked at this job a week or so ago and saw that they had been sprayed so I declined the job and told the wife Mary about the evils of spraying bees. They called back and begged me to help so I charged them out the wazoo and did the job anyway. What's not shown in the video is vacuuming out 3-4lbs of dead bees  :(

Mary's bees.wmv

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline hankdog1

• Field Bee
Re: Mary's bees
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2012, 06:44:24 pm »
They did a pretty good job of spraying it looks like.  Most of the time you don't end up but knocking them back with spray and ticking them off.  Got a job for Saturday around 32 feet up working off a ladder I'm gonna enjoy.  Sure wish there was enough room for some kind of lift cause it's gonna be an interesting one for sure.  Of course he's paying for all those trips up and down the ladder so it's all good.  BTW Scott didn't see you with your Skittles or your hoobie out there in Sanford (interesting times for sure) lol.
Take me to the land of milk and honey!!!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 07:54:00 pm »
Odd construction there man. Heck, a good part of that job was accessing the colony & putting everything back & bee proofing. Then of course, the removal, dang right you need to get a good price buddy!

Hey where's Peg been? She feeling okay?

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 08:53:24 pm »
Wazoo?   Some type of credit card or money they use down there?     :-D

Not many bees there at all.   You just removes sprayed comb.  Weird not to have insulation behind those stones.   

Offline jmblakeney

• House Bee
  • James
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 09:13:29 pm »
so I charged them out the wazoo and did the job anyway.

I wonder if she learned her lesson?  The last job I had they had sprayed but didn't tell me untill right before I was leaving after giving them the quote.  I immediately told them the price had now doubled b/c of the fact chemicals had been introduced to the colony.  They wasn't happy but payed the price anyway.

Thumbs up for standing your ground.

Thanks for the vid Scott.

James
"I believe the best social program is a job...." - Ronald Reagan

Offline D Coates

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 01:32:18 pm »
Great video!  Thanks for sharing.
Ninja, is not in the dictionary.  Well played Ninja's, well played...

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 11:56:08 pm »
That was great Scott. I truly appreciate your care and kindness when handling the bees. Also that was a very hard job, but you accomplished it so well.

Thanks for sharing

Annette

Offline Country Heart

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 01:45:45 am »
Another amazing queen capture.  Good on ya' Scott.

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2012, 09:44:05 am »
Thanks y'all, glad you liked it!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907