Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hallo from France  (Read 1940 times)

Offline jeanht

• Brood
Hallo from France
« on: July 21, 2007, 08:26:13 am »
It was the idea of our 13 year old son to start beekeeping (he is fascinated by any insect colony and bees totally captured his imagination) and we collected our first two colonies in early June.  We are fortunate to have a large garden and to be surrounded by farm land so no problem about neighbours. 
Talk about a steep learning curve but we are all loving it.  Shame about the weather though as I suspect we will not be reaping the benefits this year at least!
And to think I thought the hives were expensive - until I started buying the books!
Jean HT, France (just north of the Loire river)

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
Re: Hallo from France
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 11:14:47 am »
Welcome!! Beekeeping is a great family project. Please post some pictures from time to time so we can see how our friends from other parts of the world live. Good luck with your new adventure.

Steve 
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline tennesseebeeman

• New Bee
Re: Hallo from France
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 03:42:57 pm »
frist thing welcome to the best hobby in the world .. many say it cost to much to do .. i say if you love it .. want money.  i run 250 or more hives .  so my friend son me  help everyday he is 7old  now at frist he hate a bee now after the honey sale last year . buy him new atv  . he love it .  i hope your you & son have many years in beekeeping hobby