Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The horror of my actions!!!  (Read 11048 times)

Offline Scadsobees

• Galactic Bee
  • Best use of smileys in a post award.
Re: The horror of my actions!!!
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 04:04:40 pm »
Speaking of rabbits, we had one that we left out in the yard to eat clover this summer.  Ended up getting two botfly warbles, one over it's eye, the other on its throat.  Basically it couldn't see or hardly breathe.  Then it got fly strike.  Wow, talk about gruesome.  If you are wondering, you can google images "fly strike" and "botfly warble" and get a whole new education along with a tummy-ache.

The other rabbit is staying in its cage.  By itself.

Nope, not getting anymore rabbits after witnessing all that.
Rick

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2008, 05:18:12 pm »
By the way anyone want a cat, Ill trap it and you just pay shipping! :-D

Here is a place for your cats

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081218/ap_on_re_as/as_china_cat_protest

GUANGZHOU, China – While animal lovers in Beijing protested the killing of cats for food on Thursday, a butcher in Guangdong province — where felines are the main ingredient in a famous soup — just shrugged her shoulders and wielded her cleaver. "Cats have a strong flavor. Dogs taste much better, but if you really want cat meat, I can have it delivered by tomorrow," said the butcher, who gave only her surname, Huang.

"Cat tastes a bit like lamb. I don't like it much," she said. "Young cats are tender, but the meat on the older ones is really tough. Usually old people like eating it."
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2008, 06:39:54 pm »
One of my cats years ago killed a chipmunk that had a warble in it..eewwww!!  I was totally grossed out, huge UGLY thing it was.  Very leathery so I put it ina baggie, sprayed bugspray in it & stuck it under the windshield wiper of my car in the sun..the next day it was STILL alive!!  Didn't have the internet to google back then & I was so grossed out that I ran it up to the vet to see what it was. (he didn't charge me by the way ;))  Then I tossed it into the burn barrel fire! I have feral rabbits here, well only 1 left, a little chox rex.  I put grain down for it & it eats the wheat from the pigeon food cause they don't, likes fruit & peelings too like the chix. There were 2 white ones for 4-5 years.  They went between my place & the 3 houses around me.  Amazing they survived as they really don't blend in.. :?  J
I'm covered in Beeesssss!  Eddie Izzard

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2008, 07:45:18 pm »
One of my cats years ago killed a chipmunk that had a warble in it..eewwww!!  I was totally grossed out, huge UGLY thing it was.  Very leathery so I put it ina baggie, sprayed bugspray in it & stuck it under the windshield wiper of my car in the sun..the next day it was STILL alive!!  Didn't have the internet to google back then & I was so grossed out that I ran it up to the vet to see what it was. (he didn't charge me by the way ;))  Then I tossed it into the burn barrel fire! I have feral rabbits here, well only 1 left, a little chox rex.  I put grain down for it & it eats the wheat from the pigeon food cause they don't, likes fruit & peelings too like the chix. There were 2 white ones for 4-5 years.  They went between my place & the 3 houses around me.  Amazing they survived as they really don't blend in.. :?  J

I know where you can get some more Rex crosses......
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2008, 08:00:37 pm »
Thanx Brian, but I'm good!  No doubt something will show up..they always do. Would be nice if an alpaca or ready to butcher steer came!  A couple of years ago a young angus did, I called him Stewart for the day he was here.  He was very friendly but the goat & horse wanted nothing to do with him! J

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2008, 08:41:45 pm »
Those warbles kinda look like what we call "the wolf", I've seen wild rabbits get them, kinda nasty.

Dang Jerry, and I thought cats tasted like chicken!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2008, 10:52:21 pm »
Those warble things must be a southern problem, I have never, ever even heard of them until this thread.  Yech!

Offline poka-bee

• Super Bee
  • I am NEVER bored!!
    • Darby Farms
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2008, 11:17:22 pm »
Ann, I live in Buckley WA so they sound like they are pretty much everywhere in one form or another.  I had never heard of em either till I found that thing..still gives me the creeps thinking bout it!  J

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2008, 01:10:08 am »
Those warble things must be a southern problem, I have never, ever even heard of them until this thread.  Yech!

I never heard of them  :?
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2008, 05:56:01 am »
There is one thing worse than what you did, Cindi, and that is TRYING to kill a chicken but being unable to.  I could tell some stories but you might be eating your dinners.

Lone

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2008, 12:48:55 pm »
Lone, pick a morning time and then tell us those tales, people don't have to read you know, that can look away...smiling....have that wonderful, great day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

anything