Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Anyone buy from Bee-Commerce.com?  (Read 7164 times)

Offline SherryL

• House Bee
Anyone buy from Bee-Commerce.com?
« on: April 22, 2005, 10:10:51 am »
What's your experience been?

I placed an order last Sunday, as of today, it still has not shipped.  I called their 800 # yesterday to try to verify, got a "call center", they tried to patch me into the Bee Commerce warehouse, no answer, I left a message - no call back.  Called the same 800# again this morning, got the call center again, was told I could "leave a messge".  

I'm ready to cancel the order as I needed it by this coming Tues. (if it hasn't shipped by now it won't make it before I head north).  I can't seem to reach anyone to even get an answer.

Just wondering if anyone else has had issues with them or if this is an atypical experience?

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 10:17:56 am »
thats Howard's site.
Have you tried the "track your order" link?
 maybe John can get in touch with him.
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline SherryL

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 11:08:44 am »
Yeah, I know it's Howards site.  I've been using the tracking all week, that's why I'm assuming it hasn't shipped yet, but since I can't seem to reach anyone I can't even confirm that.   :(

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 12:24:52 pm »
I have done business with them.  They are too expensive on most things, but sometimes have something I can't get elsewhere.  Their service has always been fine.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2005, 01:34:26 pm »
I agree on the expensive point on Howlands site - comparing and shopping around will save you a ton of money especially when buying in bulk.

I really don't have a way to contact him directly except thru the same EMAIL ADDRESS that he posts on his website at Bee-commerce.

He has always answered my emails the same day. I don't know if dropping my name or mentioning the bee forum can help, but give it a try. I hope everything works out.

By the way, I have never ordered anything through Bee-Commerce, so I really can not comment on their service - I have ALWAYS made it a personal point to NOT recommend anyone, my thinking is JUST BECAUSE I was lucky and got good service, doesn't mean the next person will. It's like eating at a restraunt, sometimes you get a good cook, sometimes you don't - so I try my best to always stay neutral. Good luck.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 01:55:06 pm »
Quote from: beemaster
- I have ALWAYS made it a personal point to NOT recommend anyone, my thinking is JUST BECAUSE I was lucky and got good service, doesn't mean the next person will. It's like eating at a restraunt, sometimes you get a good cook, sometimes you don't - so I try my best to always stay neutral. Good luck.

Boy did I learn that last year.   After having great dealings with Beeworks (Dave Eyre) for a few years,  the first couple folks I recommended to had issues.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline SherryL

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2005, 06:09:16 pm »
To let everyone know.....

I emailed bee-commerce to ask them to cancel the order if it had not already been shipped.  Apparently that got their attention, 'cause I got an email back almost immeadiately saying it had shipped yesterday (he also said he'd left a voice mail yesterday & had called "a short time ago", but my cars been in the shop so I've been here by the phone all day... hmm).  Anyway, the items are on their way.  Still think it a bit strange a "company" doesn't answer their own phone.  Calls seem to go directly to an answering service that takes messages for them.  Whatever!

sherry

Offline Jami

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 04:20:35 pm »
I always order products from Dadant and always receive my items within 2 days.  I ordered 2 hives with all the necessary equipment on a Wednesay, and it all arrived on Friday.  Plus they are much more reasonable than Bee-Commerce price wise.  Also, my shipping is free because I live in Michigan and there is a Dadant here.  Jami

Offline Lesli

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2005, 05:25:13 pm »
There's a Dadant here, about 30 miles away, but my shipping isn't free. In fact, I always take the half day off of work to get the stuff rather than pay the huge shipping fee!
Lesli

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2005, 05:29:58 pm »
The origanal Dadant is not but a hour or two away from me so I can drive over and get my stuff. I dont know if their shipping is free for me though? The are a wholl sale company so they are MUCH cheaper and for anyone that produces alot of honey that is the best place I could find that had cheep and great jars. bye :D
Ryan Horn

Offline SherryL

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2005, 06:59:50 pm »
The Bee-Commerce prices were actually alot lower than the same items from Mann Lake Ltd., and I ALWAYS compare shipping charges.  Some companies may seem lower in an item price, but when you total your purchase including shipping you'll realize that THAT'S were they're making up for the lower prices!

Since my bees are in far N. Wis. and there are no supply houses or distributors nearby, the most convenient physical store-front is Lapp's Bee Supply in Reedsville, Wis.  Problem with that is that it's a good 30-45 mins. off the interstate and then I continue north in the other direction, so another 45 mins. or so to catch the interstate going north again, so it's not a very convenient side trip for me.  It's worth it to me to pay $10 or $15 to have the items shipped than spend a couple of hours of extra driving time (and now, gas) to make the side trip.

Love that "Beehemoth's Bees" site someone posted here awhile back.  It's a search engine that will price compare for you.  Alot of the time, you're comparing "apples or oranges", 'cause one company packages items (say foundation) in different configurations, but it still saves alot of time in comparison shopping.

anything