Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Cypress Woodenware  (Read 3536 times)

Offline drhaney

• New Bee
Cypress Woodenware
« on: January 02, 2014, 10:47:32 pm »
Someone told me there was an Amish or Mennonite man is southern Middle Tennessee that made & sold Cypress Woodenware, maybe in the Shelbyville or Lawrenceburg area ?  Does anyone here know who he is or how to get in touch with him ?

David

Moots

Re: Cypress Woodenware
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 11:57:58 pm »
David,
I tried a quick and dirty google search with the info you had...

Found the following on a blog post for the Cheatham County Beekeepers:

"Another highly recommended dealer in Lawrenceburg is an Amish man named Zuck on Russell Creek Road.  He makes boxes very reasonably.  If members have other sources they can recommend, let Linda know and she’ll post it on the club’s web site.  Of course, other familiar commercial beekeeper vendors also have bees, queens, and nucs for sale also that have proven reliable to members over the years."

Here's a LINK to their BLOG!, it has a contact tab...Maybe someone there can get you in touch with Zuck, if you think he's your guy.

Good Luck!  :)

Offline drhaney

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 09:21:56 am »
Thanks for the info, I'll contact them & see what I can find out.  I've googled the info several times but never found what you did. Thanks again.

David

Offline labradorfarms

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 10:20:20 pm »
A fellow Bee Keeper told me he bought some from up there and half of the frames would not fit correctly into the boxes.  Don't know if the boxes were out of square or what. He didn't bother going back because it wasn't worth a two hour drive....

Now he may have not have been the same man....... From my exp buying things from them. Everthing is very high quality.