Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Batesville, Ms.  (Read 3611 times)

Offline Need2BEE

• New Bee
  • God Bless America
Hello from Batesville, Ms.
« on: April 18, 2009, 05:30:41 pm »
Needing to get up and going with at least 1 hive this year. Not seeing the bees is very alarming to me and my family, so i decided to get started ASAP... So i am looking to find some bees... Hope to make many friends here as well..I am a total newBEE to this...Mike

Offline 1reb

• Super Bee
Re: Hello from Batesville, Ms.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 07:29:37 pm »
Hello and Welcome Mike
There is alot of great information on the forum !!
The members here are willing help and answer your questions, all you need to do is to ask

Your reason  is the same as mine, I have see any bee either

Johnny 

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2009, 09:02:20 pm »
Welcome to beemaster Mike! Where exactly is Batesville, Ms?

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Need2BEE

• New Bee
  • God Bless America
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2009, 11:07:09 pm »
Batesville is about 25 miles west of Ole Miss (Oxford) Ms,  50 miles south of Memphis, Tn.. I live in an area that is about 5 miles south of Sardis Lake...

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2009, 11:41:05 pm »
How close are you to southhaven? Got a brother there.

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline Need2BEE

• New Bee
  • God Bless America
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 12:58:45 am »
About 45 minute drive... Is he into Bees?...I moved from Southaven to Batesville about 12 years ago...

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 01:18:05 am »
No, he is not into bees. Ok, I have a better idea as to where you are, thanks and welcome to beemaster!

...JP

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2009, 12:53:58 pm »
Mike, welcome to our forum, so nice that you have found us.  This will be a place where you can spend some great time, quality time that will allow you to learn about how to keep bees, we are an interested group of people that love to help.  This will be a place where you can tell your stories and tales, and meet new friends.  Stick around.  So nice that you have noticed the lack of bees and that you want to bring bees to your area, beautiful.  Have that most great and awesome day, health.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline fermentedhiker

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2009, 06:31:32 pm »
Welcome aboard.
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
--Douglas Adams

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2009, 07:48:41 pm »
I guess someone will come forth soon to help you find a place to get bees.

Offline Need2BEE

• New Bee
  • God Bless America
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 10:06:31 pm »
Hoping to hook-up with Catfishbill, he is about 25 miles north of me..I sent him a message that i will help in any way i can, so i can learn from someone that has experience, and maybe he can help me get some Bees   ;)

Offline Need2BEE

• New Bee
  • God Bless America
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2009, 01:25:11 am »
My Girls are on the Plane,,,, Arriving in AM  :)  Got a Russian Queen , Marked and Clipped, WISH ME LUCK....also got with catfishbill, found a new Bee Club just started , this month, 10 miles from me in Oxford, Ms. He is a very helpful fellow. Hope to meet him soon....Get ready to answer some ?, cause i am sure i will have many... Thanks for such a great place to meet friends, that share so much...So greatful i found Ya. :-D

Offline Hethen57

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 08:29:56 pm »
Well....how did the installation go?  I was like a kid before Christmas, waiting to get my bees.  I just kept making more  bee equipment in anticipation of their arrival..haha.
-Mike

Offline Need2BEE

• New Bee
  • God Bless America
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2009, 02:20:11 am »
Went really good for a Newbee... I actually got 2 packages, one for myself and another for a older guy i meet a week ago. He is 77 years young and had bees for years, until they left... He had about 6 hives then.... I noticed his hives from driving by his farm, and decided to stop and meet him, ended-up stay ing about 6 hours.. I helped him work on his sprayer for his peach trees, we went to town had lunch, and a really good day...I then told him i was going to  get me some bees, he told me about when he had bees, and that they had left or died...He said he wished he had some more, so i told him i 'll get us some.....They arrived around 8:30 this morning, at 9 i was at his house helping put in his bees...(no suit for me)  :(, all went well , i misted them with sugar water, Removed the Queen , an got the box ready for him to put the bees in... Then it happened........POP < POP< POP, and more POPS. I had to leave. I got stung above both Eyes 3 on left eyelid , 2 on right eye brow, 3 in front of right ear...Wow that hurt.. :'(...But all went well, he thought they were so gentle while i was working with him, he didn't   even  zip up his hood, so They got him on the cheeks as well.  Made me feel a little better ( i got to laugh back at him).. So i borrowed his suit came home and installed my bees,,,,Watched the Girls most of the day, they were coming and going like crazy to the pan of sugar water i put out about  10 feet from the hive... ( i did put rocks in the pie pan for them  to get on). at about 30  minutes before dark they seemed to all be coming back to the hive , only about 6 outside, seemed like the rest went to bed. I'll check on them in a couple days and keep ya posted...( i wish i had set up a video camera to show you what happened, it must have been pretty funny the way Mr Perkins laughed...Don't laugh to hard...