Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Raising Africanized Bees?  (Read 27887 times)

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
Re: Raising Africanized Bees?
« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2009, 11:02:08 pm »
 :piano:
Acts2:37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2009, 11:04:04 pm »
The queen mates with SEVREAL drones- many of the workers are not full sisters just half sisters- so even if you start with AI how you going to keep her from taking flight and mating at her will-one thing they all share is moms MTDNA-there are more traights to consider than just agresive behaviour -from the post you have provided we already know that not all african bees are agresive-RDY-B

Offline weBEE Jammin

• House Bee
« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2009, 11:05:04 pm »
I apologize for bringing this subject up!  I was attempting to learn more about bees.  I lived in Africa from 1965-69 and do not remember seeing any type of bees.  I will continue helping to raise my little ladies, so we will not starve to death.  We depend on bees, so let's help educate others about all the benefits they provide for us.
 :mrgreen:Peace and Love. :bee: :rainbowflower: :jawdrop:

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2009, 11:13:50 pm »
The queen mates with SEVREAL drones- many of the workers are not full sisters just half sisters- so even if you start with AI how you going to keep her from taking flight and mating at her will-one thing they all share is moms MTDNA-there are more traights to consider than just agresive behaviour -from the post you have provided we already know that not all african bees are agresive-RDY-B

Right,all will not have as an aggressive behaveyour because they will not pick up as much of the aggressive genetics.
Acts2:37: Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38: Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39: For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40: And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2009, 11:16:26 pm »

Right,all will not have as an aggressivebehaveyour  because they will not pick up as much of the aggressive genetics.
  BRAVO sir that wasnt so hard was it  :lol: :lol: 8-)-RDY-B

Offline Joelel

• Field Bee
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2009, 11:24:40 pm »

Right,all will not have as an aggressivebehaveyour  because they will not pick up as much of the aggressive genetics.
  BRAVO sir that wasnt so hard was it  :lol: :lol: 8-)-RDY-B

Right,the key words is ALL,AS,MUCH,all will not as much.

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2009, 11:30:28 pm »
thanks for keying us in  :-D  :lol: 8-) RDY-B

bigbearomaha

« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2009, 11:37:00 pm »
I love getting you people going,it gives me a charge and some of you fall for it every time. I still think the city is no place to keep bees. You have no respect for people who fear them,then again not many people respect other people anyway.

A)  I think if this was just about getting people going, you would have gotten bored well before this point.

B) Some would say cities are the best place to keep bees because of the wider range of nectar and pollen sources.

C) It has nothing to do with 'respect' or no respect for people who fear them, It's not as if we are saying to drag those afraid of bees in front of a hive that is kept.

D) If you think that not many people respect other people,  I am sad for you.   I have much higher expectations and appraisals of the people around me than that.  In my opinion, beekeepers, particularly hobbyist beekeepers, are some of the most considerate people around.

Big Bear

anything