Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beemaster's Swarm and Bee Remover Map  (Read 78907 times)

Offline LaurieBee

• House Bee
  • I'm loving bees today. Interested in learning.
Re:
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2014, 03:00:36 am »
I'm learning about more than bees here. Lots of good information. Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I257 using Tapatalk

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: Beemaster's Swarm and Bee Remover Map
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2014, 04:37:10 pm »
Can you do another map based on the swarms thread?  It would be fascinating to see the locations of where swarms were collected.

Interesting idea and something to look into.  It will not be a trivial effort and we are in prime beekeeping season, so currently not much free time.   I will add it to the 'todo' list.

thanks for the idea
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2014, 10:03:50 pm »
Can you do another map based on the swarms thread?  It would be fascinating to see the locations of where swarms were collected.

Perhaps an automatic aging off the map of six months. Thus the map should be mostly bare in December. And then color code them by age of the swarm report. Then we can see what areas are swarming. May be a localized thing based upon weather and flora, but interesting none-the-less...

8-)
Diogenes,
Sounds like a great idea. If you want the old info to fade, I would like to be able to control that fade. By that I mean, next year I would like to look back and see when the swarms peaked and ebbed to be able top plan for this year.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Diogenes

• House Bee
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2015, 07:17:36 pm »
I like that.

This is getting more complicated. However a 5 year map marked with the queen color would be very, very nice.

i.e. 4 years of history with the current year's activity.

And (yeah I know, that makes the queries more complex) check-boxes to select which years are displayed.

I could take a crack at it if you could let me know where you got the current map. I used to make lots of changes to YABBSE and the SMF code base is much cleaner & easier.

:cool:
"Inflation is the one form of taxation that can be imposed without legislation." - Milton Friedman

Offline Cricket

• New Bee
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2015, 09:26:12 pm »
Maybe this is an old listing but I am getting an error when I click the link in the first post.

Offline louisvillega

• New Bee
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2015, 10:23:58 pm »
Hello. ..I am not a bee keeper nor do I want to be!   I can hear a hive in a tree and wondering if there are folks like ya'll that come and get bees as opposed to calling an exterminator who will kill them.   I am aware of the extinction of bees.  I am not willing or able to mess with them myself.   Please contact me asap if you can either remove them or put me in contact with someone who will.   This is not an issue I have alot of time or money to deal with. .. we havepeople in our family highly sensitiveto insect bites/stings- please help!  renefreedomfighter@gmail.com

Offline louisvillega

• New Bee
Re: PLEASE HELP! PANIC MODE- NEED TO GET RID OF BEEHIVE ASAP!
« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2015, 10:26:57 pm »

Hello. ..I am not a bee keeper nor do I want to be!   I can hear a hive in a tree and wondering if there are folks like ya'll that come and get bees as opposed to calling an exterminator who will kill them.   I am aware of the extinction of bees. But I am not willing or able to mess with them myself.   Please contact me asap if you can either remove them or put me in contact with someone who will.   This is not an issue I have alot of time or money to deal with. .. we havepeople in our family highly sensitiveto insect bites/stings- please help!  renefreedomfighter@gmail.com

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2015, 10:44:26 pm »
Talk to a local beekeeper and ask about having the bees there. Your family members are 20 times more likely to be stung by another venomous insect than a honeybee. The bees in the tree are 1 % the danger you imagine them to be. Get the family in a safer physical shape rather than trying to keep the bees away. It is many times more successful.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #88 on: April 19, 2015, 01:32:07 pm »
don't suppose the tree might be blooming?  I ask because the call to remove bees from something blooming is common. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Seanjakl

• New Bee
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2015, 05:13:20 pm »
I'm getting an error message when I try to follow the link to the map...   Is it up and running? 
Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home4/bmaster/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 133

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2015, 08:01:51 pm »
Same here, any way a button in the header could be added so it would be easy to find?
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline kayaks

• New Bee
    • Alpine Garden and Hearth
« Reply #91 on: April 30, 2015, 07:38:18 pm »
This is a great idea, but I can't see the map: "Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home4/bmaster/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php on line 133"

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #92 on: April 30, 2015, 08:44:46 pm »
LOL.  you are doing better than I am.  I can't even find the map link. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline kayaks

• New Bee
    • Alpine Garden and Hearth
« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2015, 05:08:24 pm »

Offline applebwoi

• House Bee
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2015, 06:54:14 pm »
Still getting the fatal error also.  Hope it is eventually fixed cause, in addition to getting info on those who remove bees, it is nice to see location of other beeks in the TX Panhandle.

Offline KeyLargoBees

• Field Bee
    • Pirate Hat Apiary
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2015, 09:13:20 am »
Any news on Swarm Map revamp?
Jeff Wingate

Changes in Latitudes...Changes in Attitudes....are Florida Keys bees more laid back than the rest of the country...only time will tell!!!
piratehatapiary@gmail.com https://www.facebook.com/piratehatapiary

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2015, 10:53:20 am »
Well,   we had a member volunteer to try and fix it.   I provided all the old code to him on April 18th,  but he has not been back since May 3rd,  so I think that is a dead deal.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2015, 08:01:50 pm »
OK folks,  the time you have all been waiting for has arrived.   The swarm map has been resurrected and ready for updates.   Still working on integrating a link on the forum, but here is the direct link for those interested in updating/adding their info.

http://www.beemaster.com/forum/removal/

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #98 on: August 12, 2015, 12:14:33 pm »
Wow! It works perfectly now. Used to bee that I could not zoom in, it would bounce right back out.
Thanks.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2015, 05:49:03 pm »
Yeah!!!!! :grin: