Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New Beekeeper in Chelmsford, MA  (Read 2234 times)

Offline TonyBOD

• New Bee
New Beekeeper in Chelmsford, MA
« on: April 18, 2007, 12:02:30 pm »
I'm a new beekeeper based in Chelmsford, MA (north of Boston).

I always wanted to take up beekeeping as a hobby, but never knew how (it's like ski jumping - you know people do it, but probably don't personally know anyone who does it and you're not quite sure how one gets started in such an activity).

I was thrilled to learn that the Essex County Beekeepers offered a 9 week class teaching you eerything, so I signed up and had a great time - a very good program with very good instructors and a great group of people.

So I got a hive (just one - walk before you run) and installed a package this weekend - it was great. Weather has been terrible (40s and rain), so there's not much activity to see, but I hope to have another look this weekend when the weather greatly improves - time to make sure the queen is out from her cage.

Anyway, glad I found this place - it shows what I've learned about beekeepers so far - they are generally very happy to share their experiences and help where they can!

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Re: New Beekeeper in Chelmsford, MA
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 03:12:04 pm »
Welcome, Tony, we're almost neighbors!  :)  Be sure to fill in your location on your profile so you will no longer be hopelessly lost.