Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: formic acid  (Read 4264 times)

Offline imabkpr

• House Bee
formic acid
« on: October 17, 2005, 08:59:05 am »
Here in sc some beekeepers use vinegar as a vapor to control our pest problem, with no danger to the health of the beekeeper, or bees including the queen also no danger of contaminating the honey or wax.     cef.

Offline Apis629

• Field Bee
    • A Hobbyist's Beekeeping Adventures
formic acid
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2005, 03:34:10 pm »
How do they vaporize it?

Offline imabkpr

• House Bee
formic acid
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2005, 08:01:30 pm »
Quote from: Apis629
How do they vaporize it?
                                                                                                             we use a machine called a "Cyclone" It has an internal pan that is heated, a fan to circulate the vaporized vinegar and a hose like a close dryer vent hose to deliver the vapor to the entrance of the hive. this is all we use in our bee operation to control the mites, beetles and most of brood diseases.  cef

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
Re: fornic acid
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2005, 12:32:08 am »
Quote from: imabkpr
Here in sc some beekeepers use vinegar as a vapor to control our , .

Hi imabkpr!

Would you correct the title . What is fornic? http://www.hyperdictionary.com/search.aspx?define=fornic+acid

Vinegar vapor sounds strange. Ice asetic acid is widely used, but it does not help to worst pest problems or deseases.

Offline imabkpr

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2005, 07:02:45 am »
Quote from: Finsky
Here in sc some beekeepers use vinegar as a vapor to control our , .

Hi imabkpr!

Would you correct the title . What is fornic? http://www.hyperdictionary.com/search.aspx?define=fornic+acid

Vinegar vapor sounds strange. Ice asetic acid is widely used, but it does not help to worst pest problems or deseases.
                                                                                                         :Finski: have you ever used vinegar vapor to control shb or varroa?  Believe me it works. I've been using this method for 14 years.

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 10:53:29 am »
                                                                                                        :Finski: have you ever used vinegar vapor to control shb or varroa?  Believe me it works. I've been using this method for 14 years.

That is interesting. I have never heard even I have used drugs against varroa 18 years. Where you live?

Offline imabkpr

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2005, 06:31:13 pm »
Quote from: Finsky

That is interesting. I have never heard even I have used drugs against varroa 18 years. Where you live?
                                                                                                             "Finsky"     I am very sorry about the mistake I made on the FORMIC ACID. I just hit the wrong key.  an N instead of an M.  At my age the old eyes aren't as good as they used  to bee.  I hope that you will accept my apology.

Offline Finsky

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2005, 04:10:20 am »
              "Finsky"     I am very sorry about the mistake I made on the FORMIC ACID. I just hit the wrong key.  an N instead of an M.  At my age the old eyes aren't as good as they used  to bee.  I hope that you will accept my apology.

But you do not handle formic acid. You speak about asetic acid, why that tittle?

anything