Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Featured In Local News Story Tonight  (Read 4186 times)

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
Featured In Local News Story Tonight
« on: July 18, 2012, 01:07:21 am »
Wasn't really sure where to put this, so (Mods) feel free to move it to the appropriate place.

Had some television coverage tonight. I thought they did a pretty decent job.

...JP

Bee Infestation Safety Tips
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline BabcockFarms

• House Bee
Re: Featured In Local News Story Tonight
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 01:18:58 am »
That was very professional, great job. I liked that it wasn't blown out of proportion.
Ron Babcock

"I believe the good that men do, will live long after they gone."
                                                                                                                          ~Mr. Fox Haas

<

Offline bernsad

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 04:15:33 am »
Nice coverage JP, well done.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 10:36:17 am »
Not sure where they came up with the idea that it was unusual to see bees here in July. I was asked the question "when is your absolute busiest time of year" and I said "April and May are very busy months but I am very busy now". I did in fact mention that I usually do what I do 9 1/2- 10 months of the year. To say that it is unusual to see them this time of year because of the mild winter we had was the main emphasis of the story.

On a side note I didn't realize "the news reporter" that interviewed me was actually one of the channel's weathermen. Now it all makes sense. :-D

Still, I think they did a good job with the story. My family and friends have given me nothing but good feed back. That's always special. :-D

On yet another side note. That removal was a real pain in the %#$!  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 11:25:54 am »
How exciting JP to see that story. I watched it with Aron just now as we are both on vacation in Southern California and sitting in the hotel room right now. You did a great job, very relaxed and very informative.

Keep up the good work as usual

Sincerely
Annette

Offline Hemlock

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 11:47:44 am »
Well Done JP, calm, professional, & informative.  A positive report that doesn't lead to homeowners running amok.
Make Mead!

Offline bee-nuts

• Queen Bee
    • Nectar Meadows Apiaries
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 04:15:17 pm »
I honestly think they should have a seasonal JP the beeman series on discovery or something.  It would be good for you, bees, beekeepers, and the public.
The moment a person forms a theory, his imagination sees in every object only the traits which favor that theory

Thomas Jefferson

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 04:33:53 pm »
Thanks everyone and I agree with you bee-nuts. I believe we (The Bickering Beekeepers, Monkeyman, etc...) could provide an entertaining as well as informative show. Lord knows we have a ton of bees down here to keep us busy as well as a bunch of very interesting customers to say the least. You just never know, perhaps there will be an interest one day.

...JP

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 05:43:13 pm »
I am surprised that nothing was noted in the report that these bees were removed alive and relocated.   

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 07:40:29 pm »
     All thats missing JP is Schawee's repartee in the background. Good stuff. Next step international media.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 11:14:30 pm »
Hey Geoff, Schawee and I are scheduled to do a removal tomorrow weather permitting. We were supposed to do one last Thursday for our local zoo but one of the contractors was late getting his bid in so they postponed the removal. I guess they'll call us when it gets really hot down here. Its only been in the upper 90's.  :-D

...JP

Offline blanc

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 08:10:19 pm »
Nice news cast with channel 6 news! I turned off the TV some time back and just fiddle on the puter these days so don't get to catch much local except for NOLA.com. Noticed you was in my home town last week in Reserve. If you get in a jamb for help over this way get in touch. I have been trying to break out a little more on removals but renovations been keeping us pretty hemmed up.
Psalm 19:9-10
The fear of the Lord is clean,enduring forever; the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.
More to be desired are they than gold, yea ,than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

anything