Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Staple Gun's  (Read 3257 times)

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
Staple Gun's
« on: November 18, 2006, 03:42:35 pm »
OK, so I bought a staple gun, it Looks like it will work great, but I have a problem

The biggest it gets is 17/32 and 9/16th of an inch. It goes up to 5/8ths but those are nails, I am using The staple gun for the Wedge, and I was wondering If I should go for the 17/32 or a 9/16th if I'm supposed to use 3/4ths of an inch nails on the wedge. Cause the Staple gun doesnt show that it can hold 3/4th inch staples...  :-x

Thanks for any help  :-D

"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: Staple Gun's
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2006, 05:28:48 pm »
What kind of staple gun?  A T50?  A J21?  A pnumatic 1/4" crown stapler?  I'm guessing either the T50 or the J21.  You can staple the wedge from the bottom (as it sets in the hive) into the top while holding it tightly against the foundation, but it won't be long enough to go through the foundation.  Of course a nail through wax foundation isn't what holds it in, it's the pressure from the wedge that holds it in.

I prefer, if I'm getting to choose, to buy the grooved ones and use a wax tube fastener as it's much easier, stronger and quicker than nails.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
    • Photo Album
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 01:02:40 am »
 :-\

Wax tube fastener?
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
    • Photo Album
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 03:43:25 pm »
The brand is Arrow T50.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 09:47:38 pm »
I'd use the longest ones.  Put the frame upside down on a solid surface push the wedge in tight sideways against the foundation and staple straight down into the top bar.
-------------------