Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: look at these prices  (Read 5948 times)

Offline TwT

• Senior Forum
  • Galactic Bee
  • Ted
look at these prices
« on: May 25, 2007, 12:27:01 pm »
I have been way under bidding my removal jobs, these guys got it going , click on "pricing"
http://www.bee-swarm.com/index.htm
THAT's ME TO THE LEFT JUST 5 MONTHS FROM NOW!!!!!!!!

Never be afraid to try something new.
Amateurs built the ark,
Professionals built the Titanic

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
Re: look at these prices
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 01:11:55 pm »
Doesn't make a diff what I charge, no one has called in my area.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline wayne

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 03:56:55 pm »
  I feel like a crook now on some real easy ones. I saw one place in California that was $1500 per swarm once.
I was born about 100 years too early, or to late.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 01:32:42 pm »
Those prices are right in line with what most pros in Florida Charge.
And to be honest I think they are pretty fair.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Ross

• Field Bee
    • http://www.myoldtools.com
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 11:11:53 am »
I did two this weekend at $50 an hour.  The first was a small queenless swarm in a garage wall.  No brood, not much honey, lots of old comb that had been poisoned the year before.  I vacuumed most of them and we dumped them into a weak nuc.

The second was a small queenright swarm between the first and second floors of a house.  They had about 6 nice combs, lots of brood and eggs, not much honey.  I cut and rubberbanded about 4 frames of brood and eggs.  The bees kept retreating off the comb and back into the joist bay, so I setup the hive body with the brood on top of the ladder pushed up against the joist bay.  I'm hoping they will come to the brood in the next day or so.  If not, I'll vacuum again. 

So, out of two cutouts, how many "free" bees did I net.  None that you can count on.  I drove about 120 miles (30 each way on each of them), sweated for 5 hours at 90+ degrees and high humidity in a bee suit, and I didn't get to do the things I needed to do at home.  Short answer, I got to raise my prices.
www.myoldtools.com
Those who don't read good books have no advantage over those who can't---Mark Twain

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 11:20:14 am »
I am amazed at how much swarm removal, cut outs and so on are being done.  I wonder if we have these issues up where I live.  I have never heard of so much, maybe I am just not in the hep of things.  I don't know.  Have a wonderful day, great life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline bluegrass

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 08:46:39 pm »
Cindi
I think you are too far north....when I lived in Vermont we never got any removal calls and it seems the farther south I get the more I get. I think in the north swarms tend not to make it through the first winter.
Sugarbush Bees

Offline kensfarm

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 10:30:48 am »
I went on a call w/ a local beek to removed a small swarm in a tree from the parking lot at a Roy Rogers..  he billed them..  plus we got free dinner!   

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 12:14:31 pm »
Bluegrass, I be thinkin' you are right.  Our winters are cold and freeze up.  I know there are issues in the summer with swarming, but not to this degree that I hear all the "southerners" are called out to get.  Have a wonderful day, great life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service