Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Finally I saw a queen, unfortunatey  (Read 2383 times)

Offline zan

• House Bee
Finally I saw a queen, unfortunatey
« on: September 14, 2005, 07:09:40 am »
I bought a queen before 3 weeks. I started nuc with three frames from my hive and introduced the queen.
Last weekend I opened the nuc and I found the queen for the first time. But that was not the queen I bye. I opened my hive and I found a plenty of queen cells. I obviously transferred the queen from my hive to new nuc.
And what did I do? I have been afraid of swarming and I transferred one frame with queen cells in new nuc.
Now I have two hives with two deep and two nuc. I hope that they will develop new queens?

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 09:03:12 am »
I assume you mean you did all of this three weeks ago?  If so, you should have a new virgin queen in the old hive by now and she should be laying within a week.

The break in the brood cycle might help with the Varroa mites.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline zan

• House Bee
two nuc
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 09:37:20 am »
I started first nuc before three week and secend befor three days.

Offline bill

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 02:54:54 pm »
I have done that too, I put the marked queen that I bought in the nuc that I thought was queenless, and as soon as she got out of the cage I never saw her anymore, and I couldn't find her body either. i couldnt find anyother queen either but I was smoking them so she might have been hiding, they have a queen now and are growing well
billiet

Offline zan

• House Bee
smoke
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 04:12:24 am »
It seems to me we have quite similar experiences.
I will try without smoking this weekend. Good luck.

anything