Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: nuc activity  (Read 2928 times)

Offline bill

• House Bee
nuc activity
« on: April 11, 2005, 04:42:45 pm »
I just put a couple of new queens in nuc hives with one brood frame each and honey. I notice there is a little activity on the entrance of one and hardly any on the other. Now i think I read somewhere that you shouldn't open the hive until they have time to release the queenand I am afraid to open it. the one that has a little activity is the one that is where the original hive and probably workers coming home have given it some population, but the other one is in another location about 300ft away if someone would tell me if i need to worry or not and when I should open it again. the queens were in the mail all week and had made a pretty good hole in the candy so I didn't puncture it,
billiet

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
nuc activity
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 04:47:44 pm »
All the foragers went to the old location and are working. Probably only have nurse bees left at the other nuc. They have honey, how about pollen? Perhaps they will be fine until you get a peek.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline bill

• House Bee
pollen
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 04:58:30 pm »
I meant to put pollen but I didn't eve see but a little and I forgot it. if I put some soy flour will that get me through till I get up the nerve to go back into the hive. they are still chasing me when I go by on the tractor lol I cant remember how long to wait . bust that sounds good  thanks
billiet

anything