Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bees and Oriental Poppies  (Read 4143 times)

Offline heidip

• New Bee
Bees and Oriental Poppies
« on: June 05, 2006, 11:37:21 am »
i was so thrilled when my honeybees discovered my oriental poppies! look at all that black pollen in the pollen baskets!

hp

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 03:03:31 pm »
What a beautiful photos!
By the way, have you think about the medicinal pollen that your bees are harvesting in that flowers?

Offline heidip

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 03:26:25 pm »
I haven't actually considered it yet...as this is the first day that I've seen them in the poppies...I'm a newbie this year...so I'm learning as I go...I can't wait to open the hive and see this pollen in the cells...along with all the other colors that will make a nice photo too!
hp

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 05:48:32 pm »
Harvesting pollen is a nice experience. I was late because I did not disturb the bees, but really I was losing the time.
Any times we can think that bees are working two or three plants, but when you see the multicolor pollen you can think that you live in Wonderland, and you know nothing.
http://img312.imageshack.us/img312/4855/dsc073654ja.jpg" alt="Image Hosted by ImageShack.us" />

Offline heidip

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 07:07:31 pm »
that's beautiful! Thanks for sharing the photo!
hp

Offline abejaruco

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 07:11:20 pm »
We can see the pollen evolution in the photos. This pollen was obteined now, in July, most of them is eucaliptus, and is sweeeet, soooft, maravilla maravillorum.