Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Can you tell at 6 weeks if a chicken is a hen or not?  (Read 20656 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Re: Can you tell at 6 weeks if a chicken is a hen or not?
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2008, 12:38:28 am »
Hey Cindi:

I touched up my post a bit, my laptop hasn't been restart in a few days and the cut and paste was quirky.

I admit I was thinking of you and the other great ladies I think of as friends here in the forum. I Do enjoy when I inform everyone with some BEHIND THE SCENES things here at the forums. I really like my Walmart parable :)

You keep having a great day, and I'll keep try to upload those video links to that streaming feed sit - man I've been busy all weekend. When I got mycomputer fully intergrated with the 47inch HDTV and all we have now is a light weight table with wireless mouse and keyboard. TRACEY we actually impressed, Ifelt proud the other day when she learned all she has to do is push one button on the remote and switch back and forth from 47 inches of TV to 47 inches of HD internet. It is cool using such a huge monitor when NOT watching cable - now, we actually watch the TV STATION  full-episode content at the click of a mouse and right on that big beautiful TV  - I'll post a pic tomorrow when I get the camera out and some sunlight in the room too :) It is what I wanted since around the time that XP came out - just think a 50 inch TV sold for $20,000+ when they first came out and I say 3 on sale in a local flyer today for under $1000.

It is the way to surf though, no need for glasses, everyone can see it at once while reclining, GREAT FOR COMPANY who wants to learn More on how to use a computer for all it can do.

I have two coworkers, both need to get their internet out of the basement family space up into the living room and BOTH are updating to HDTVs soon - I need to invite them over, show them what they can do. Imagine a 9 and 13 year old on the carpet with wireless mouse and keyboard, doing home work, dog laying next to them. Then adults in their chairs using the same devices all on a bigscreen tv. It really is a Bill Gates ideal scenario, a simple click from TV to WEB with all the same equipment wirelessly. I do really feel in the 22nd Century, I say that cause I sure AiN'T seeing it otherwise :'(
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2008, 08:24:05 am »
John, I'm with Cindi - I think you misread what Doak meant, he often ends his posts with 'See ya, Doak'.  I also expressed dismay at the changing of the word - I can see bleeping c*ck, but c*ckerel is a totally different word, it's the same as bleeping hello because it has the word h*ll in it - there was another example recently but I'm blanking.  Plus the filter was even messing with file names, something I've never seen a language filter do. We were just expressing a bit of pique at the filter, not condemning the forum,  please don't be mad.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2008, 09:15:57 am »
Hi Reinbeau:

We haven't talked for a while, hope all is well.

I sure meant no harm in my post mentioning Doak - other than to share that my feelings were hurt. Anything after that was meant toward everyone else, explaning that any idea you have should be suggest, it sure is better than just complaning or worse do nothing about.

I can think of many of you who have added forum topics, by doing so reach out to other members's hobbys and interests. I like it when a member can spend an hour or two, sometime many times a day coming back here to see what is new! That is a great feeling, a sign we are doing stuff right and then ALWAYS ready to improve through member suggestions.

I'm not mad at DOAK, I never said that, maybe he does answer many  of his posts Seeya, but his timing is poooooooor. when ending this zinger in the same fashion. I'm not mad, I swear - no need to be, I was just stunned by the message as I understood it.

The first male "C" word could likely make it back, the second will not. Is it so hard to say "male Chicks" or Roosters., I mean is it necessary to pull the male C-word out and add it BECAUSE you like technical words in your posts? Give me a break - and Jerry, there are many A$$E$ around, but they are typically genetically human not donkey - is saying a female donkey so hard? I don't know, if you mean a female donkey and keep the A double S word where t belongs because it is misused probably 95% of the time. On that one I'll just play the odds :)

Farming is cataching on and the "B" word will be allowed when we have a dog kennel forum :) which won't be happening soon.

There are really secuity issues to worry about, it is easy to not understand how forum softwares are attacked - but fixes and patches come out frequent enough where any theat could occur, erasing memberships, posts, spaming, deleting replies, embedding banner ads - all kinds of stuff is always threatening a forum - phpbb is know to be the most attacked, we use SMF a much less messed with software.

I just never want to open the door because SICK PERVERTS sit out their with their NERDY hacker skills waiting to make life hard for MILLIONS - literally. Attacks are never made against BEEMASTER FORUMS, they go to all the SMF forums around the world, that is more than a million forums being tested by hackers all at the same time. We are just caught in the WAVE and you never know at what threat hacking can occur.

Hackers sure aren't getting dumber, Windows Explorer is the most attacked piece of software on Earth, everyone attacking their mail, the weeknesses in not being used as a new hub for virus activity.

Even if I let me own system SLIP with updates or virsus and firewall protection, I could unknowingly let havoc run free once I sign in as Admin. I'm always thinking about lots of things, and I know SMF word filter is not the perfect source, it is our FRONTLINE DEFENCE.

Enough said on this though. I like explaining things as best I know them, I can't give anything technical away, because I'm not good at that - I'm more the visual guy, the wording, the forums layout and names, the many sections - all the stage we perform on here. Life is a stage isn't it, we'll perfect or not, THIS is our stage and I know many people proud to soapbox and share knowledge here - all without having to through the male C-word around I might add :)

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2008, 09:38:29 am »
John, phew!!! Man, can you ramble, hee, hee.  Thank you for taking that time to explain in-depth (now I really mean that in-depth), your thoughts.  It is important to understand stuff, and you do an excellent job for us in trying to make things understood a little better.  Leave the software alone that finds these words that could be construed as "bad" words.  It is doing its job just fine. if some words are bleeped out, so what, job really such a big deal.  Have a wonderful, most great day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2008, 08:05:16 pm »
And bit** is a female dog

And A** is a donkey

An A$$ is a burro (Spanish), is an Aeshak (Turkish), is a donkey.
A Bit** is any female of the canine families including wolves.

When words are continuously used incorrectly the PC Police sensors them even when they are used correctly.
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline doak

• Super Bee
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2008, 09:15:54 pm »
Sorry, Just wasn't thinking about the system at the time.
Not overly educated on the mechanics of web sites such as filters and such, or just didn't use my stupid thinking at the time.
Again, I apologize.  :)doak

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2008, 01:18:39 pm »
Doak, thank you - it isn't often people appologize in this world. We work so hard here and THIS is a mild crowd, I cannot imagine admining a bigger Brawling type forum. Actually it sounds easier, last man standing and all - lol.

I really needed to point out to everyone, surely just not you - that lots of things are always on our plate, we often have to learn of the RAMIFICATIONS if we make a techical change surely it wouldn't be without our techy admin :)

So, we too work within limits of software, sometimes can tweak something and find another feature somehow pork bellyied in and now we are dealing with that.

Glad all is okay Doak, I come off as fearce sometimes, but I really thought you forgot the human factory and how we are always trying to improve things here. The one thing I cannot appologise for is the ENGLISH LANGUAGE - if all weres only had one meaning, the surely a word-filter could be a VERY accurate machine. They sure could come with a grammer feature, that would allow the correct usage through in appropriate ways. Maybe not flawless, but better.

Enough said, off to work soon here - STARTING 5 3-11pm shifts tonight My next Ventrillo night will be SUNDAY EVENING - although I'm often on before 2pm during the week too!

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2008, 11:16:13 pm »
What!?! Did I forget to use a simile  :?

Man do I feel like a burro.  ;)
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

anything