Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Anyone read this  (Read 3948 times)

Offline danno

• Super Bee
Anyone read this
« on: May 06, 2008, 09:12:49 am »
I'm sure some of you have this or it least have read it.  What did you think?
Natural Beekeeping By  Ross Conrad

Offline DennisB

• House Bee
Re: Anyone read this
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 10:07:17 am »
I have read it. The book was ok, had some good ideas and suggestions, but he had a tendency to preach too more than I cared for. Personally, wait until your bee club has a copy to lend out rather than spending the money to purchase it. You can get all of the same info here on the forum or in other books. Just my opinion.
There are a couple of other books that I read recently that had good info in them IMO: Hive Management by Richard Bonney and the other one was Increase Essentials by Lawrence John Connor. The latter is a bit more difficult to read at times but gives good info.

Dennis  :)

Offline danno

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 10:47:23 am »
Thanks dennis
The Dr Connor books are on my list but I want to wait until i can have him sign them.   He lives about 1 1/2 hour from me

Offline indypartridge

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 02:22:06 pm »
Finished reading it last month. Dear wife saw it at the library on the "new acquistions" shelf. I'd put in the "worth reading but I'm not rushing out to buy it category".  I liked much of what he had to say, and will keep a number of his ideas in mind as I tend my bees. He wrote a lot about being strictly organic, which was more than I wanted to know.

On the other hand, I do own a (signed) copy of Increase Essentials and a copy of Hive Management.