Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Just a thought----  (Read 2384 times)

Offline latebee

• House Bee
Just a thought----
« on: January 26, 2005, 06:54:42 pm »
I have seen many procedures described so far,and the info has been extemely helpful. What would be of great help to a novice is that when we exchange ideas on spring and fall strategies, that we include the average temps. and weather conditions prevailing in our particular area as part of the correspondence. I understand day length plays an important part of the determination of spring and fall, but I wonder if temperature is of more critical importance than timing. Every one have a great beeseason.
The person who walks in another's tracks leaves NO footprints.

Offline Beth Kirkley

• House Bee
    • http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/GA216.html
Just a thought----
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 11:13:01 pm »
That's a good idea. I never have kept records of what the temps were, and so when finman was asking about spring for my area, I couldn't answer.
But not only should I start keeping closer record of the times I see pollen (such as NOW, the cats are even covered in pollen from rolling on the ground), but I need to keep a good record of temps.
AND..... when telling people about the tasks I'm doing (splitting a hive and such) I should tell them the temps. I agree that it would help people get a better idea about when to do jobs. Because in my area, I could have a swarm in Febuary or March. Last year I had a swarm on March 17th. So I ended up splitting my hive right away after that. But for other people they may still be shoveling snow at that time.

Beth

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
Just a thought----
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 11:24:59 pm »
Well if my dad and I do get a company going we are going to keep all those records on a computer and on a back up disk just in case a problem ever does happen. And Hey Beth, John got rid of my forum for me and now it is showing post and such for me, bye
Ryan Horn

anything