Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi from Western Australia  (Read 1491 times)

Offline Alan

• Brood
Hi from Western Australia
« on: June 12, 2015, 12:14:21 am »
Hi Peoples,

not sure if many read this intro posts, but I thought I would give a quick intro post.

I'm located in Perth, Western Australia, and am new to beekeeping. I've attended a beginner beekeeping course, perused a few books, and had a chat to a few experienced people. It's something I've been interested in (plants originally chosen for providing pollen and nectar all year round to accommodate bees and other useful bugs), but the processing of the honey was something that didn't appeal for a hobby. However, with the advent of the flowhive I've taken the plunge and am now just waiting on the flowhive to arrive in the next couple of months. Until then, I'm learning as much as I can.

So...I'm all ears for any comments people might have. And if folks are interested in how the flowhive goes feel free to let me know and when I get I will add to any discussions or perhaps start a discussion.

Cheers,

Alan

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Hi from Western Australia
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 02:20:03 am »
Welcome.  We have lots from your country!  You guys keep us from bee withdrawals during winter.  😃

I have been to Perth.  One of the best two weeks of my life!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:26:36 am by kathyp »
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Rurification

• Field Bee
    • Rurification
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 08:46:58 am »
Welcome to the forum.   Great people with a lot of experience here.  [and ditto what Kathy said about you guys saving us from bee withdrawal...]
Robin Edmundson
www.rurification.com

Beekeeping since 2012

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 07:25:09 pm »

Welcome Alan, will be interested to see how the Honeyflow job goes. Am one of the sceptics about it so will just have to wait and see. Ask the questions here and amongst all the answers you should find the right one.

Geoff.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

anything