Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Good morning, from Grindrod, B.C. Canada  (Read 2175 times)

Offline CynthiaM

• New Bee
Good morning, from Grindrod, B.C. Canada
« on: January 25, 2013, 10:07:00 am »
Not a new member by any stretch of the imagination, but have not posted on one of the best forums, ever, in a very long time.  Couldn't remember my user name, so made a new account, this new account will probably be moot, once I figure out my older user name, smiling.

Probably going to be a long introduction, as I think I will just tell a little about me, sometimes it's all about me  :lol:

Had bees for years, moved away to the Okanagan, didn't have any bees come with me, only empty boxes.  Had two swarms move in and take over two boxes.  Only one came through that first winter and got so busy with my life with heritage chicken breeding that I never did much with the colony.  Only one colony, and I am not even sure if this colony will survive this winter.  My bad.  I know.  Things are a little more under control in my life these days with my agendas with chickens, so maybe a focus back to bees will occur  8-)

Yep, been busy with chickens.  Honed down the breeds that I would like to and do focus on now.  That be buff orpingtons, and cochins.  Both breeds large fowl.  The cochins I raise are black, blue and splash, lovely colours and lovely birds.  I have focused very hard for the past (moved to our new life in June 2010) two and a half years on making my birds bigger, better, more to the type that the birds should be like, through things like gathering good stock, breeding, choosing who goes into the next breeding season, and the birds are becoming very nice.  Taken a few of my birds to poultry shows and achieved some nice awards.  So, you can see, my focus has gone from bees to raising heritage breed chickens.  I have had a few other breeds to try out, but have returned over and over to these two that I have chosen to continue my passion.

So, what about all of you, my forum friends?  It has been over 2 years since I have been hanging out here.  And truly, there are many that I miss.  I should stop being that bad girl, and at least come and visit my friends here now and then.  Just been kind of active in other places, but I have not forgotten my wonderful and good times here.

So just a quick hello, and I promise to come back and visit more.  I am sure there is tons of news, time has a way of making these things to occur.  Ya, should get back to my old account.  Still can't wait to see what happens when I hit 10,000 posts, that is, if all my old posts are still here.  With these thoughts, my wishes for a most beautiful and wonderful day, to anyone that reads my few small words, Cindi

Offline Joe D

• Super Bee
Re: Good morning, from Grindrod, B.C. Canada
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 11:13:53 am »
Welcome back to the forum, Cindi.

Joe

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 01:24:20 pm »
Cindi, I'm sure Robo can get you fixed up with your old user identity. (PM)
That's the only way I know ya!
Welcome back, glad you decided to share with us.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 01:46:24 pm »
Ya, I beck they can reset your old password.  We have been missing your posts here. 

Offline asprince

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 02:00:55 pm »
Welcome back Cindi! We have been talking about you lately. We miss your stories.

Steve
Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resembalance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 10:03:40 am »
Cindi,
your old posts are still there. If you send me a pm we can reset your password for you and I can Pm the new word. You can then rerset it when you log in with something only you will know. Glad to see ya stopped in!

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 12:01:01 am »
OH my gosh Cindi!! I cannot believe it is you. I missed you very much.

Will have to catch up later on, but for now, welcome back!!

Annette

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 09:25:16 am »
We thought you'd got booted coz you didn't pass your strine exam, Chookie. http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,25669.0.html

On the poultry front, my flock got ILT 3 or 4 years, a rotten disease, and it returned although I followed the guidelines.  Vaccine is hard to get here but what is harder is living with old chookmen who have had the same strain of pitgame for 60 years and who believe that using vaccines introduces disease so have pretty much banned it.  So I am down to 9 fowls locked in cages for eggs.  It ain't pretty. I can't show them anymore (on an aside, shows here should make it mandatory to vaccinate because I believe they help the spread of diseases, whether present in the coops or passed by the same judge who handles them all) There are plenty of chooks outside my yard though that haven't succumbed, and I've had plenty to do with bees to keep me busy.

Don't be a stranger no more.

Lone