Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Looking for radial extractor  (Read 5722 times)

Offline IABeeMan

• House Bee
    • Natures Best Honey
Looking for radial extractor
« on: January 01, 2009, 08:03:35 pm »
 My hobby has grown A LOT faster than expected and has out grown my current extractor. I have a 6 frame motorized extracter, works extremelly well. Looking to trade up or buy a new larger one.

Offline beeginer

• New Bee
Re: Looking for radial extractor
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 08:09:52 pm »
I just recently purchased a Woodman 50 frame extractor at an auction and have decided that it will be too large for me to store for my little operation.  I am willing to discuss possible trade if you are interested.  Pics here.  Please note that I haven't cleaned it. 

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 09:30:57 pm »
I don't have anything to trade, but I do need a small extractor. If you can't find a good trade and want to turn it into cash, let me know. If the price is right I'll gladly take it off your hands.

Offline beeginer

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 09:58:53 am »
This is a very large extractor.  The first pic that comes up shows a riding lawnmower behind it to give you an idea of the size.

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 02:07:38 pm »
Personally I find it humorious that your name is "beeginer" and you purchased a 50 frame extractor.

Did you get a good deal on it, or were your expectations larger than your asperations?

Not trying to be mean or rude Beeginer, I do things like this all the time. I'm currently trying to justify the cost of an air compressor, even though I only plan on assembling 30-40 frames with it, and painting 3-4 hive bodies. What can I say, I like toys, and why get a crappy toy when you can get the best?

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2009, 04:34:35 pm »
Beeginr has been a member here almost 5 years. take nothing from the name. :)

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2009, 07:14:28 pm »
My appologies. I didn't mean anything by it. I was not suggesting that he is new to the forum, or that I expected that he was. I just found it humorious that a person with a name like beginner had rather large, commercial equipment.

Offline beeginer

• New Bee
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2009, 11:24:55 pm »
No offense taken.  I did get a good deal on it. And if it were not for the space need to store it I would keep it.

Offline challenger

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 10:42:20 am »
Hello - I am in Hampstead, NC and saw your post to a thread started by a person wanting an extractor. Can you tell me if this one you talked of is still available and if so the price you are looking for please? In looking at the picture I am wondering what it would take to ship it and if can be broken down an any way that might help.
Thanks-Howard
Beekeeping for Chordoma. All proceeds donated to cancer research

Offline beeginer

• New Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 10:53:11 am »
The stand that it is on can be removed other than that it cannot be broken down.  It is very large and also very heavy!

Offline gmcharlie

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 07:49:59 pm »
if your looking to justify a compressor, look at the dewalt portable  Got one that runs at 200 psi  off ebAY FOR LESS THAN 200 delivered...  works great  even textured a house with it,   best little compressor I have owned and I currently own 3 big ones.

Also,  don't know if you found a radial extractor,  but I made a 10 fraome (med  or shallows only)  from an old washing machine.   real simple,  remove the tub and  make a support to go in its place.   has a timer.  and a  simple lid.  removed the drain and put in a t valve.  only drawback is you need to leave teh drain open cause  to much honey in the bottom makes the frames drag.