Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee yard photos and lay out  (Read 109178 times)

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Re: Bee yard photos and lay out
« Reply #80 on: July 25, 2007, 09:16:51 am »
One wire will work fine if it is baited.   I have plenty of bear here and use 2 or 3 wires without issue.  The only hives I have had them get into are some nucs that where in my garden (8ft fence, but not electric). 
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2007, 10:35:18 am »
Melissa, beautiful set up.  I think that it will keep out the bears.  We have bears and our fence is made of livestock wire too, it is electrified, I can attest to that, from the many times I have had an encounter  :evil:

It looks like the hive is set up on a kind of a knoll or something?  Do you live in a mountainous area, it looks beautiful, but is kind of hard to see because of the depth perception of the computer screen.  Send some more pictures of your place.  I love to look at the terrain of where people live, it takes me to their part of their world and it brings such solace and peaceful feelings to my soul.  Have a wonderful day, great life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2007, 06:36:59 pm »
OK guys, I have a digital camera coming this week from Sony and I am going to post some photo's. Can't wait. Hope I can figure it all out (meaning the camera, posting etc.)

Annette
Placerville

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2007, 06:47:50 pm »
OK guys, I have a digital camera coming this week from Sony and I am going to post some photo's. Can't wait. Hope I can figure it all out (meaning the camera, posting etc.)

Annette
Placerville

Sounds great. We can help if you need us to, there is like 1900 of us in the forum now and would like to see those pics. :)

Offline michelleb

• House Bee
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2007, 04:16:49 pm »
Below is the only decent shot I've got of our first beeyard, right after it was set up...though it's been moved and expanded since. The fence is Premier1 electric netting for bear prevention--this yard is at my property in Columbia County, Oregon.

I love that bee trailer! I'm currently converting a couple trailers to something similar. I'll post pics when they're done!

Pocket Meadow Farm

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2007, 10:58:51 am »
Michelleb.  Nice picture.  It will be nice when you get more current ones on our forum, thanks for taking us into your part of the world.  Have a wonderful day, great life.  Cindi 
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #86 on: August 04, 2007, 11:49:12 pm »
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/733/1000055ts5.jpg    http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/3563/1000055rn0.jpg                                                                                                                              http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/6515/1000048vt0.jpg       Photo test #1  RDY-B

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2007, 12:57:55 am »
photo test #2 

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #88 on: August 05, 2007, 09:09:39 am »
What a lot of hives, RDY-B, but I don't see a single bee!  Amazing to have a picture of that many hives with no bee washboarding anywhere, at least that I can see.

Linda T in Atlanta

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #89 on: August 05, 2007, 10:25:22 am »
Nice looking set up. What is being planted in the field? thanks for sharing. :)

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2007, 03:14:18 pm »
HI linda T i will get a picture this evening when they are all bearded up :-D this is my first Digital camera still figuring it out. if i have enough time i will go to yard number two PDmattox the field is where this years crop of oats failed no rain i fell sorry for the guy no profit for him. there is irrigated alfalfa next plot over and other row crops. I will harvest that yard first week of september :) very dry hear in cali glade i was able to get pics to post more to come :-D RDY-B

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #91 on: August 05, 2007, 11:41:11 pm »
yard #2                                                                                                                              

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2007, 10:43:42 am »
RDY-B, hey looks like you have mastered the digital camera, thanks for taking us into this part of your world.  Too bad about the oats and lack of rain, mother nature doesn't treat us very well some times, I feel sorry too.  Have a wonderful day, great life.  Cindi

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2007, 01:39:38 pm »
My one little hive:

Forgot to mention I can relate to your one hive. I had only one hive last year until I split this year. How is it doing????

Annette

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2007, 09:44:56 pm »
I think that is great I will beat that the orange tree in the back ground will double its yield with those bees not to be picky but i thought placervile was all red dirt keep the pics coming we dont want California bee keepers to lose out on the fun that comes with taking pics ;) RDY-B

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2007, 10:04:20 pm »
Oops, sorry RDY-b,

That photo was from DayValleyDahlias. I only quoted her and placed her hive on the post. It is not my hive.

You are correct that Placerville is red dirt and also hot. Orange trees cannot grow here as it gets to cold in winter.

I am still waiting for my digital camera to arrive in the mail. I have been waiting for 2 weeks now. I ordered a camera from sony.com and all that arrived was an empty carton. Apparently the camera had been stolen and so had to re order it again, while fighting with them to prove the camera never arrived. It has been a nightmare with Sony.

Anyway, soon as the camera arrives, I will get down to business and post some photos of my hives. Thanks for your enthusiasm regarding the photos.

Annette

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2007, 02:09:45 am »
one month later I think the bees are waking up know 8-) harvesting this yard now very hot today ;)  RDY-B                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #97 on: September 06, 2007, 11:12:40 am »
RDY-B.  Some nice pics you got there, some pretty big bearding too.  Thanks.  Have a wonderful day, beautiful life.  Cindi

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #98 on: September 06, 2007, 01:46:11 pm »
IT is not bearding it is from the fume boards  ;)I have ben pulling honey and spining it for five days in a row this is my last day I am finishing the second yard my yield is low but better than i thought  :-D it is so dry honey is gummy next year i will get a helper  :lol:  READY-BEE

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #99 on: September 06, 2007, 06:05:40 pm »
good looking pics rdy-b, what kind of honey are you pulling?

anything