Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bee yard photos and lay out  (Read 109174 times)

Offline qa33010

• Field Bee
Re: Bee yard photos and lay out
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2007, 12:03:21 am »
   Brian!  Sounds good and a lot like me!!!  Still feels even better when I finish something now-a-days. ;)
Everyone said it couldn't be done. But he with a chuckle replied, "I won't be one to say it is so, until I give it a try."  So he buckled right in with a trace of a grin.  If he had a worry he hid it and he started to sing as he tackled that thing that couldn't be done, and he did it.  (unknown)

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #121 on: October 23, 2007, 12:12:15 am »
Brian, excellent!!!  Look at the gumption you've got.....that is alot of work to build fences, and you are accomplishing this.  So what if it takes you until Christmas?  All good things take time.  This is something that I have learned, over and over and over  :) ;) :(  Have a wonderful day, best of this life.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline SteveSC

• House Bee
« Reply #122 on: October 25, 2007, 03:01:32 pm »
Brian..  If I didn't live 2400+\- miles away I'd be over there to help with that fence - you can bet on that.  You give us all great advice and we appreciate it.  I bet you're the toughest ole' goat on the property.

Who lives near Brian...?   

Offline sean

• Field Bee
« Reply #123 on: December 17, 2007, 04:40:31 pm »
here are some of mine

Offline pdmattox

• Queen Bee
    • October bend Rv Park
« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2007, 05:36:30 pm »
Nice looking yard. Do you have problems with robbing?  I notice you have different sized colonies, Are the bigger ones full of honey?

Offline sean

• Field Bee
« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2007, 06:10:51 pm »
yep, actually most of the hives have honey, i should be extracting(about 15 boxes) this weekend. I have no real problem with robbing, most of the smaller hives have entrance reducers(pieces of wood/mesh) on them.

Offline DennisB

• House Bee
« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2007, 09:06:15 pm »
That's a great looking outfit. Do the bees ever have any down time in the Caribean or just go all year long?

DennisB

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #127 on: December 18, 2007, 01:48:36 am »

My two darling beehives.
Annette from Placerville California

Offline sean

• Field Bee
« Reply #128 on: December 18, 2007, 09:05:16 am »
That's a great looking outfit. Do the bees ever have any down time in the Caribean or just go all year long?

DennisB

based on the variety of flora and fauna food is available all year round. that being said rainfall is what really determines how often you can get honey. Season generally runs from about jan-feb to june-july. I am lucky in that i can basically get honey year round. My last extraction(of 4) was july and if it weren't for the hurricane in august and continuous rain in october i could have done another one. but we genrally tend to use july -oct to treat, do repairs, major spltting etc and start building up for jan. 

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #129 on: December 18, 2007, 09:14:35 am »
Sean, nice looking set up, so is yours too Annette.  I love to see the pictures of how my forum friends set up their colonies, it is just plain and simply, a beautiful sight for the eyes, yea!!!  Have a great and wonderful day, Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline DennisB

• House Bee
« Reply #130 on: December 18, 2007, 09:46:53 am »
Nice set up Annette. I see you have your chair set behind to pull out and relax watching your friends!

DennisB

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #131 on: December 18, 2007, 06:58:57 pm »
That is correct. I do spend a lot of time watching them, and this is how I have learned so much about them. It is never wasted time.

Annette

Offline SgtMaj

• Queen Bee
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2008, 04:32:02 am »
Here is my "portable" beeyard :-D

Trailer park...  :-D

PS - the very very top with the round holes in it... what is that?

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2008, 02:06:57 pm »
He has those same top covers as I do. Mine are from Honey Run Apiaries, but perhaps he got his somewhere else.

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2008, 03:00:45 pm »

PS - the very very top with the round holes in it... what is that?

They are vent boxes,  similar to the ones on the DE hives,  except I use a different inner cover configuration.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline beekeeperookie

• House Bee
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2008, 05:16:24 pm »

This is my beeyard, I sold all my hives currently moving, but i will start again.

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #136 on: December 07, 2009, 08:25:07 pm »
Hey,
Anyone interested in posting more current pics of the beeyards? Any takers from the Aussies? The people that live in urban areas? Thanks everyone!!!

Offline wfuavenger

• House Bee
« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2009, 07:22:54 pm »
anyone got some recent pics? I will have some come spring as I am getting into this then, but for now I want to check out what everyone else has done.

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2009, 07:50:36 pm »
Here she is.
Double click to see larger view.

Offline John Lee Pettimore

• House Bee
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2009, 09:36:18 pm »

On the pic on the right, the closest hive: what's on the front of the bottom super, just above the entrance?
"If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams.