Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: just turned down a removal  (Read 1886 times)

Offline rober

• Field Bee
just turned down a removal
« on: October 19, 2012, 12:00:01 pm »
 i think it's too late in the year for the hive to reestablish itself. thing is this hive has been in the wall for a year or more. the siding crew is coming tomorrow so the guy wants it done yesterday. a month or 2 ago i'd have been right on it. i do not need any bees to combine with a weak hive so without starting a new hive i'd have no use for the bees.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: just turned down a removal
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 04:31:49 pm »
The siding crew may just spray the bees.   If that is the case, you could cut it out just for the honey's sake.  I bet they spray and leave all the mess in the wall instead of cutting it out.   

Offline BlueBee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 04:53:14 pm »
Any experienced siding/roofing crew will have cans of wasp/bee killer with them.  Time is money and they’re not going to cut out any bees.  Spray the hole, cover with material, and move on!  Roofers and siders are usually pretty paranoid of bees/wasps because their pounding on the house get the bees/wasps excited and they get stung more often than the average Joe.

I saw an ad on Craigslist here in Michigan for FREE bees just this week!  WAY WAY WAY too late up here to be cutting out bees.

Offline DLMKA

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 11:49:17 pm »
I saw a CL ad last week in IL looking for a removal, told them to wait until spring. If they don't survive winter oh well, if they do I have a trapout from a brick wall first thing.