Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Get ready south louisiana  (Read 1119 times)

Offline gov1623

• House Bee
Get ready south louisiana
« on: May 09, 2013, 12:56:30 pm »
Looks like the tallow flow will be early again this year. Went check out some tallow trees yesterday to see if they started budding and they are further along than expected. From the looks of it I say they will start opening up in a week. Start getting those suppers ready!!!!

Who Dat!!!

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
Re: Get ready south louisiana
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 03:18:33 pm »
Don't think I have seen that around here... I'll have to start paying attention alittle more.

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Offline nietssemaj

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2013, 04:21:34 pm »
Oh it is here Doug. I've got 3 in my neighborhood. And it spreads, it doesn't look like the 3 I've seen were intentionally planted.

Offline bailey

• Field Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2013, 04:35:53 pm »
Those are further along than the ones here. I checked some last week. They were about 1/2 in buds then.
most often i find my greatest source of stress to be OPS  ( other peoples stupidity )

It is better to keep ones mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open ones mouth and in so doing remove all doubt.

Offline gov1623

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 04:51:45 pm »
Those are further along than the ones here. I checked some last week. They were about 1/2 in buds then.

They are real mixed bailey. The younger trees are further along than the bigger ones. I saw a few that didn't even have buds yet and some, like the one in the pic, ready to open. I don't know if that will be a good thing or a bad thing being that mixed but getting ready to find out.
Who Dat!!!