Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The media smells blood  (Read 15063 times)

Offline Jerrymac

• Galactic Bee
Re: The media smells blood
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 06:05:33 pm »
Perhaps you should have also made a recording of what traspired and then told them if they edit it in such a way that you didn't like it you would go to another station with another story..... One about them.

I don't do media for any reason.
:rainbowflower:  Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.   :rainbowflower:

:jerry:

My pictures.Type in password;  youview
     http://photobucket.com/albums/v225/Jerry-mac/

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
    • http://www.understudy.net
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 06:06:47 pm »
I am getting ready to run to Plantation.  The five o clock news on 12 has a breaking story of a helicopter crash on the beach. I may not even make the news. <--- I view that as a good thing.
I don't bleed so I don't lead.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline Kirk-o

• Queen Bee
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2008, 06:11:42 pm »
I have noticed if a person gets stung by a Ant,Bee,hornet,wasp,The IRS,The Local Policed,or other critter it was your Bee.
I have had touble with people and my bees before it is a tuff one.I moved a Hundred Beehives to Northern Utah once.The neighboor said they were chaseing his ducks and chickens.Moved them about a mile away.He then didn't like me parking in front of his house on the street.I parked somewere else.He then didn't like my choice of Religon.I realized it wasn't the bees.The guy was a How would you say oh yeah.A gob of Caca you know poop.That winter his pipes froze why he was away for Christmas they leaked through the whole house.Ruined his floors sheetrock everything.
The Chinese say it always works out the Yin and the Yang I guess he got the Yang I got the Yin
kirko
"It's not about Honey it's not about Money It's about SURVIVAL" Charles Martin Simmon

Offline sean

• Field Bee
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2008, 06:12:42 pm »
hope that things turn out ok for you. Hopefully having vented he will avoid any further confrontation.

Offline tig

• House Bee
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2008, 06:21:26 pm »
first he has to prove it was your bee that stung him....a little hard considering the feral colonies around.  but tread softly because your neighbor sounds like a troublemaker.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 06:23:37 pm »
I just called Plantation and cancelled. The news truck is bad they are going to do a live feed from the corner. I may not be made out to be a villian. We shall see.

Sincerely,
Brendhan
The status is not quo. The world is a mess and I just need to rule it. Dr. Horrible

Offline NWIN Beekeeper

• Professional Beekeeper
  • House Bee
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 06:25:28 pm »
[The five o clock news on 12 has a breaking story of a helicopter crash on the beach.]

If your bees don't stop wrecking stuff, we might have to exercise a military action.

There is nothing new under the sun. Only your perspective changes to see it anew.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2008, 06:37:11 pm »
 :-D

I will tell the bees to stop messing with air traffic. That will be tough since I am right next to the airport. I have been told I will make the 6 o clock news.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2008, 07:15:27 pm »
It was short it was simple. Not to good not to bad. I deal with it.

The simple fact is zoning doesn't care.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Offline NWIN Beekeeper

• Professional Beekeeper
  • House Bee
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2008, 07:53:10 pm »

[The simple fact is zoning doesn't care.]

If they aren't going to try to zone against you, that itself is a huge battle to win.

Though I live in a rural area, I am not technically zoned a farm.
I worry that someday they may zone bees as livestock and require a minimum acreage to keep bees.
My county already does such with horses.
The argument however is horses/cows need ground space for healthy living, bees obviously do not.

I would check and make sure that there isn't a blog space on the networks homepage where you could face any public smear.

PS. You still going to dig that hole?
There is nothing new under the sun. Only your perspective changes to see it anew.

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2008, 08:07:39 pm »
No hole digging.  :)

I am not worried about the blogs saying anything about me. I am simply not that important.
Not that Victor would know how to blog.

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Offline CBEE

• House Bee
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2008, 08:39:25 pm »
OK. After some more thought .. I take back the peace offering post and say you tell him if he doesn't watch his step you will sick your trained killer bees on him and his dog :-D

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2008, 10:33:11 pm »
Brendhan, I wish you much luck with your jerk of a neighbor, can't stand people like that. What were you supposed to do about him getting stung, kiss it? I think you are handling things correctly, but I do like the idea of the tiger pit, and last but not least you could always place a swarm in his mail box. Good luck to you and your wife, and Kirk-o, you are a riot!

Wishing you lots of positive karma, JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2008, 02:07:26 am »
Threatening with words or jesters is third degree (simple) assault.  I've dealt with people like your neighbor when on the police force--I've arrested a good number of them.  I agree with Kathyp, agitating the neighbor without cause will only make things worse, however, trying to placate him will also make things worse.  Bullys keep pushing until pushed back--so next time the makes a threat of any kind call the polilce and fil a complaint.  If he runs true to type he will try to retaliate with more threats so fill more complaints.  In the end he should opt to leave you alone in order to stay out of jail.  If necessary you can also get a protection order that prohibits him from contacting you. If you have police reports that show his threats it is almost a slam dunk.  Violating the order can put him in jail.

That might sound extreme, but believe me, it may be necessary.  Here In Washington we just had a person, who was emotionally unstable, kill his neighbor over an alledged $50 debt. 
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline BMAC

• Field Bee
    • http://WWW.OLEMCDONALD.COM
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2008, 08:39:07 am »
That is an interesting story Brian.  You will always have mentally unstable people killing other people. 

My retarded neighbor threatened to kill me one day this past spring cause I woke him and his wife up at 6am working on my truck.  I tried being simpathetic with the retard until he threatened me.  I told him if he ever gets the notion to kill me again, it would be best to keep it to himself, otherwise we may fight to the death.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Of course my neighbore is the bully type and thought I would back down from him cause he likes to yell and cuss and carry on like a 2 year old.  I am just biding my time waiting for him to die of a stroke or heart attack.

:evil: Brendhan,  I say go buy some super cheap honey from the store and accidently fling it all over his house and cars after dark one night.   :evil:
God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!

Offline Bennettoid

• House Bee
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2008, 02:22:54 pm »
I told him if he ever gets the notion to kill me again, it would be best to keep it to himself, otherwise we may fight to the death.

Of course my neighbore is the bully type and thought I would back down from him cause he likes to yell and cuss and carry on like a 2 year old. 

I do not tolerate a bully, and my neighbors know it. I had a neighbor who is a State Trooper try to get me arrested for shooting his dog when I finally caught it killing my chickens. I had warned him after losing a half dozen to his dog and I suspect it was also responsible for knocking over my rabbit hutches. I also reported him to animal control. He showed up in my driveway screaming that I was on my way to prison. He ended up with a riprimand for harassing me, and fined for letting his dog run. He hasn't spoken to me since, which I think is a good thing. You make a threat at me or mine you better be prepared to back it up, or back down, because I'll call your bluff. This includes your dogs and kids.

Of course, I always have a 357 strapped to my hip if I'm outside, so that cuts down on the idiots giving me trouble.

Offline BMAC

• Field Bee
    • http://WWW.OLEMCDONALD.COM
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2008, 02:39:03 pm »
I told him if he ever gets the notion to kill me again, it would be best to keep it to himself, otherwise we may fight to the death.

Of course my neighbore is the bully type and thought I would back down from him cause he likes to yell and cuss and carry on like a 2 year old. 

I do not tolerate a bully, and my neighbors know it. I had a neighbor who is a State Trooper try to get me arrested for shooting his dog when I finally caught it killing my chickens. I had warned him after losing a half dozen to his dog and I suspect it was also responsible for knocking over my rabbit hutches. I also reported him to animal control. He showed up in my driveway screaming that I was on my way to prison. He ended up with a riprimand for harassing me, and fined for letting his dog run. He hasn't spoken to me since, which I think is a good thing. You make a threat at me or mine you better be prepared to back it up, or back down, because I'll call your bluff. This includes your dogs and kids.

Of course, I always have a 357 strapped to my hip if I'm outside, so that cuts down on the idiots giving me trouble.

Amen to that.  I considered wearing my .40 pistol on my side when outside.  Unfortunately I live in the city limits.  Even though it is not illegal to do it, I think someone would call the police on me and then i would have to deal with them. 
God Bless all the troops
Semper Fi Marines!

Offline KONASDAD

• Super Bee
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2008, 03:55:24 pm »
My neighbor when i lived in a condo came into my home late at nite(forgot to lock door!) and threatened to kill my wife w/ a pair of scissors in her hand.
I'll give you the same advice a room full of lawyers gave me when i told them the above:

MOVE, MOVE ,MOVE.

These things dont get beter w/ time. The best you can hope for is a lull between ever increasing frequency of episodes. Only moving will give you true piece of mind. All other remedies are just a band-aid.
"The more complex the Mind, the Greater the need for the simplicity of Play".

Offline Understudy

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2008, 06:06:00 pm »
Ancient Chinese Curse:
May you live in interesting times.

Never bored that is for sure.

So there has been a small aftermath. He(the neighbor) did file a complaint with zoning. Now the problem is my code enforcement officer is on our neighborhood commitee. So he sent me an email explain that it is correct that I cannot have bees in my neighborhood. Bees are considered farming livestock.

He asked me to give him a call. And he was really cool. Since there was complaint he does have to do something. Now he said he just needed to see the yard one day without the bees in it. However he did mention that if had to come back and there were bees in it he would have to act again. He then gave me a list of places right near my house that want bees. #1 on the list was Mounts Botanical Garden. This is where the association meets. It is also technically about 100 yards from my house.

So i went and meet with the the assitant director who is helping me setup the beekeeping course and explained my situation. He said he would be honored to have my bees at the garden.  He must pass it through the director. Now this has hit or miss and the director and I have had to butt heads politically (there was a funding issue last year and I felt sidetracked by the episode). However the assistant has lots of clout and I think it will go well.

My bees already work the garden because of where they are located. I believe this will go well. Also if it doesn't the airport has the vacant land between the garden and my house. My code enforcement officer has already said that will be okay because he asked the airport.

What is really wild is I may end up with something better than what I had and only have to go a hundred yards further.  :evil: :evil: :evil:

And best of all my bees will still sting my neighbor.(sarcasm, a little)

Sincerely,
Brendhan

Offline NWIN Beekeeper

• Professional Beekeeper
  • House Bee
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2008, 06:32:14 pm »

[Bees are considered farming livestock.]

This is where I thought this was going to go.... sucks!

[Also if it doesn't the airport has the vacant land between the garden and my house. My code enforcement officer has already said that will be okay because he asked the airport.]

Well, I wouldn't be flying anymore helicopters out of that airport, I heard what they did to the last guy.

--------------
How much land do you have and what do you need to be zoned agriculture?
--------------
I'd buy to get the zoning just so I could park a chicken coup next to his bedroom with about 50 roosters.
--------------
Variances.... could you scoot around the law with something like research, or a 'pets' classification?
they might as well classify birdhouses as agriculture... then again, you don't eat bluejays do you?
-------------
How about a religious exemption? Are you Mormon?
-------------
How about a medical exemption? Apitherapy? Just need a doctors note?
-------------
Send Honey to the governor, maybe you can get a pardon - wait, that's just when they execute you, you're not there yet.
-------------

Start feeding your dog rubber bands, it gives you nifty little loops to flip the tootsie rolls in his pool.

I'm still wondering why good things happen to bad people.

anything