Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1968 times)

Offline mimi

• Brood
Hi
« on: March 03, 2008, 02:19:13 pm »
Sorry I didn't introduce myself earlier.  I'm going to start 2 hives this year so I'm a first time beekeeper.  Mostly I want the bee's for a small organic orchard and garden.  Of course honey would be a wonderful side benefit.  Any help with going non-chemical for the bees would be deeply appreciated.

Offline reinbeau

• Super Bee
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 02:49:36 pm »
Mimi, welcome to the forum.

Could you go into your profile and update your location (it can be a general location, like central Illinois) so we can better help you with any questions?

One of the best places to start learning about no chemicals is Michael Bush's website.  Just about everything you need to know can be found there!

Offline johnnybigfish

• Super Bee
    • The World of Johnnybigfish
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 08:23:35 pm »
Hi Mimi!
 Welcome to the forums!
I think you'll find this forum place different than any other you've ever been to! You'll get lots of bee questions answered here!
 Im fixing to finish my first year of beekeeping this April. I consider myself VERY new at beekeeping.
 Small orchard and garden eh'?...A little honey,eh'?
I started and just thought I would like to watch them fly around and just HAVE them....Little did I know,... I  became a "Junkie"....I cant get bees out of my mind now! I come here EVERY day after work to get my "Fix"..This is just to hold me over till spring starts..All us "Bee Junkies" hang out here......waiting for warmer weather!...and BEES!!! and HONEY!..and getting new stuff from UPS and the FED EX man!
Good luck with your bees!
your new friend,
john

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 11:58:18 pm »
Mimi, welcome to our forum.  You have found the right place to learn and learn and learn more.  Once you have become under the spell of the honeybee (I love that expression), you will find that you will be compelled to learn how to care for them, work with them, and have the wonderful benefits that they provide to us, as human beings.

Ask all your questions, all questions deserve wonderful answers, and yes, those will come.  Never think for a moment that any question is dumb, we were all once beginning with the bees, and yes, we asked questions.  I know I drove my initial bee courses instructor crazy with questions, but that is how we learn.  Have a wonderful and beautiful day in this awesome world.  Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 08:13:14 am »
Mimi, first off welcome to beemaster!!! Yes, Michael Bush's site is great. If I were starting from scratch I would go natural or small cell and use all medium equipment. M.B.'s site will explain the benefits of a system like this, happy reading. Chemical free, no problem. A lot of us here on the site are. Good luck and best wishes! You will learn about bees and other things here and make new friends along the way.

Sincerely, JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

anything