Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from the Heartland  (Read 2544 times)

Offline Momokahn

• Brood
Hello from the Heartland
« on: February 21, 2012, 02:58:03 pm »
Hi everyone, my name is Steve and I'm from the state of Kansas (north of Wichita).  Just checking in to say hi to everyone and I'm taking the plunge this year into the world of bees. 

I have gardened nearly my whole life and over the years my gardens have went from having bees everywhere to now it being almost a newsworthy event if I see one.....how sad.  So I have decided to do something about it and join the ranks of everyone here to do my part and sustain one of natures most important pollinators.  I look forward venturing into the world of bees and I will be starting with one hive this year (10 frame) and see where it goes from there.  There is no doubt I will be expanding in the future and I have my beekeeping supply house on speed dial if need be.  LOL.

So hello everyone and I look forward to such a wonderful forum.

Offline Larry Bees

• Field Bee
Re: Hello from the Heartland
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 05:50:17 pm »
Welcome to the site and to beekeeping! Larry

Offline yockey5

• Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 05:58:07 pm »
Welcome! BTW, one hive is never enough!

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 06:07:50 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 07:54:29 am »
If you don't have two you have no resources to deal with issues...

http://www.bushfarms.com/beespanacea.htm
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline laurabat

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 10:28:08 pm »
Hi everyone, my name is Steve and I'm from the state of Kansas (north of Wichita).  Just checking in to say hi to everyone and I'm taking the plunge this year into the world of bees. 

I have gardened nearly my whole life and over the years my gardens have went from having bees everywhere to now it being almost a newsworthy event if I see one.....how sad.  So I have decided to do something about it and join the ranks of everyone here to do my part and sustain one of natures most important pollinators.  I look forward venturing into the world of bees and I will be starting with one hive this year (10 frame) and see where it goes from there.  There is no doubt I will be expanding in the future and I have my beekeeping supply house on speed dial if need be.  LOL.

So hello everyone and I look forward to such a wonderful forum.

Greetings Steve! Welcome to the community. I am sure you would enjoy being here as much as I do! :D

Offline specialkayme

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 10:32:48 pm »
Welcome to the site!

Offline BabcockFarms

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 11:53:58 pm »
Welcome from across the fence.
Ron Babcock

"I believe the good that men do, will live long after they gone."
                                                                                                                          ~Mr. Fox Haas

<

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 09:58:16 am »
Welcome!

Offline Hippie-Beekeeper

• New Bee
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2012, 05:25:31 pm »
Welcome to the site Hippie-Beekeeper from Brawley, Ca =^..^=  :mrgreen:

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2012, 06:07:21 pm »
Welcome!

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

anything